NJ Early Archery Opens Up-9.13.14

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: NJ Early Archery Opens Up-9.13.14

Post by amythntr »

kmaxwell5 wrote:Opens here in Georgia on the 13th also. We can shoot 10 doe's and two buck's. One buck can be any bone showing and the other has to have at east 4 points on one side 1" or longer. What are can yall shoot up that way?
Well....Kmaxwell things are not so simple in the north...In this God Forsaken state it depends upon the season, the zone you hunt in and a number of other factors...lets just say it seems like we can shoot unlimited doe, and one buck per season...I could be wrong on this last part...I have two sons that I hunt with. I leave that all up to them to point me in the right direction and say "shoot"....all kidding aside, my son Anthony is on this forum and maybe he will chirp in with exactly what we can do and not do... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Happy and safe hunting to ya'll! :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GGC

Post by GGC »

You can shoot all you want, the season is almost five months long, depending on the zone.
Shoot a doe, call in or text the info and get the confirmation #.
Keep on hunting without leaving the stand.
One buck per season means one for fall bow, one for permit bow and one for winter bow. Then there's shotgun and muzzle loader season.
More liberal bag limits would be hard to find. The deer numbers are increasing
and the total harvest numbers are in decline.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GGC wrote:You can shoot all you want, the season is almost five months long, depending on the zone.
Shoot a doe, call in or text the info and get the confirmation #.
Keep on hunting without leaving the stand.
One buck per season means one for fall bow, one for permit bow and one for winter bow. Then there's shotgun and muzzle loader season.
More liberal bag limits would be hard to find. The deer numbers are increasing
and the total harvest numbers are in decline.
Thanks GGC....sounds just about right to me....I leave all that up to my kids now....I think with a 28 and 23 year old in the woods with me I can take a little step back as to the technical stuff....Thanks for yur input!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

I have to disagree with NJ deer numbers increasing overall. It greatly depends on your location. I live in Sussex county and can take you to a number of places where we had better numbers 5 to 8 years ago. Hunting pressure, coyotes and the bear population has beat the fawn numbers up greatly. The rough winter last year kept a lot of folks holed up and as a result the kill was off big time. This fall could prove to be a banner one with a lot more does left to drop fawns this past spring.
Have crossbows will travel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pintail wrote:I have to disagree with NJ deer numbers increasing overall. It greatly depends on your location. I live in Sussex county and can take you to a number of places where we had better numbers 5 to 8 years ago. Hunting pressure, coyotes and the bear population has beat the fawn numbers up greatly. The rough winter last year kept a lot of folks holed up and as a result the kill was off big time. This fall could prove to be a banner one with a lot more does left to drop fawns this past spring.
I confirm that Pintail...we hunt in Sussex County in the Flat Brook area and have seen what you stated...

Safe hunting and looking to see other Excalibur brothers in the woods this fall!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....well yesterday did not turn out as we planned. My son's trailcam indicated the deer come in in the afternoon....so we went shooting in the morning only to make it to our stands as the rains began....and it never stopped...fortunately I was in a ground blind...another gentleman we were hunting with saw a coyote....he didn't know we are able to shoot them...and so it let it go...

That was it...it was a nice day anyway...a day in the woods with my son....and hopefully things can only get better from this point!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings