Bolt (arrow) deisgnations?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raspberry patch

Bolt (arrow) deisgnations?

Post by raspberry patch »

Does the numbering of 2213 mean anything? Or is just a name for a type of arrow of specific specifications (if so what are these)?

I am trying to understand the differences between a 2213 and other number arrows.

An update on daughter and father learning to hunt. She was able to handle the Exocet and preferred this over the Vixen. So for the past week, she has been nailing the target in the back - very accurate at 20 yards (4" circle). Yesterday, we setup markers from 15 to 30 yards, and starting her to try new stances.

Thank you,
David
Digger

Post by Digger »

The first two numbers are the diameter of th bolt, in this case 22/64ths of an inch, the next two nunumbers indicate the thickness of the wall of the bolt 13 thousandths in this case.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

HI! How old is your little girl. I have a 10 yr. old grandson and wanted to get him a cross bow. but didn't know which one. :D
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Depending on the height and weight of your Grandson I would recommend the Vixen. One fine Excalibur crossbow :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

Gametrail, another option for a younger shooter is an older model Horton Stag. Very light and a recurve to boot. They shoot well with a Horton scope on them. A friend just recently picked one up as a second bow cheap at a yard sale and we shot it the other day and it worked good. Whole thing weighs about 5 lbs. of course it aint a Excal but good for a small beginer and it has no cams to be compelcated to change string. They are a 150lbs pull and sink bolts in good thru all the distances even out to 55 yards.
raspberry patch

Daughter update

Post by raspberry patch »

Suggest the Vixen.

My daughter is 12, nearly 5'3" and well muscle. She can handle the Exocet, but barely. There are 2 factors that determine ability to load the crossbow - the weight of the pull and the length of the pull. For Tesla, it was the length of the pull that was the limiting factor - even if she was strong enough, she could not pull up a Exomag (I believe the Exomag has a longer pull).

Her mother who is 5'2" struggles more ... height is the issue.

In a hunt, when the cross-bow is loaded at the start, this may not be a critical issue, as another may be there to assist, but I wanted her to practice and load up without me having to do it for her (willing to help, but I want her to have some independence, et cetera).

She tried the Vixen and Exocet. She picked the Exocet.

She is enjoying this and waiting for the start of the hunt.

She is a good shooter, very consistent within 20 yards ... and we are working out to 30 yards and different stances.

She wanted to hunt by bow, versus rifle-shotgun. Reason given, it seemed more of a challenge.

We have three tags this year - 2 antler and 1 anterless.

In the next few weeks, we begin to prepare our area we intend to hunt from (talk to neighbours, blinds, cut down some brush, et cetera).

If you have more questions, please ask.