My trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huronsteel

My trigger

Post by Huronsteel »

Hello all I have a problem , after shooting today I checked the bolts on my scope rail and I over tighten one of the front bolts and it striped out so my trigger has one striped out hole, I shot my bow 20 times after this happened and it's still right on, I don't have the Money right now to replace the trigger so I'm going to hope the three bolts hold until I can get a new trigger, deer seasons two weeks away what a bummer
strum

Re: My trigger

Post by strum »

when you say stripped ..do you mean the head where the allen goes or do you mean the threads?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

deer seasons two weeks away what a bummer
Don't matter, head or threads, give Danny Miller [usa?] a call in the a.m. he'll fix ya right up under warranty....
[740] 483-2312. Where do you live? If you fill out your profile a tad, it will show by your username.
"Eze 18:21"
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

The threads are stripped
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

Thanks for the info I will give dan a call tomorrow
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Huronsteel wrote:Hello all I have a problem , after shooting today I checked the bolts on my scope rail and I over tighten one of the front bolts and it striped out so my trigger has one striped out hole, I shot my bow 20 times after this happened and it's still right on, I don't have the Money right now to replace the trigger so I'm going to hope the three bolts hold until I can get a new trigger, deer seasons two weeks away what a bummer

What model bow do you have?

I have a couple of spare triggers if you need one...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Danny can help. i had the same thing happen to a 2 stage triggertech 2 days before opening day last year. he gave me another faster option. if you have a tap set just go up one size.i believe it was 10/32. no need to drill a bigger hole just run the tap through with some oil and go slow.i used paper towel jammed into any open areas to make sure no metal shavings got into anything.
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Huronsteel wrote:Hello all I have a problem , after shooting today I checked the bolts on my scope rail and I over tighten one of the front bolts and it striped out so my trigger has one striped out hole, I shot my bow 20 times after this happened and it's still right on, I don't have the Money right now to replace the trigger so I'm going to hope the three bolts hold until I can get a new trigger, deer seasons two weeks away what a bummer

What model bow do you have?

I have a couple of spare triggers if you need one...
i have a matrix 355, I think I damaged it when I put my adf on , that bolt went in funny
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

foofoo wrote:Danny can help. i had the same thing happen to a 2 stage triggertech 2 days before opening day last year. he gave me another faster option. if you have a tap set just go up one size.i believe it was 10/32. no need to drill a bigger hole just run the tap through with some oil and go slow.i used paper towel jammed into any open areas to make sure no metal shavings got into anything.
Did you run the tap thru it while the rail was still mounted or did you take the rail off and just run it thru the trigger
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have the same bow. I have the factory Matrix 355 trigger here collecting dust after installing a TT trigger.

If your in a jam for a trigger PM me your address & I will send it to you...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

you can do it leaving it in place on the xbow. the holes being tapped dont mess with the insides of the trigger housing but be mindful of the little bits of metal shavings.also make sure your new screw lengths are proper.give Danny a shout he will walk you through it.having the bigger screws is better in my opinion anyway. also invest in a set of 1/4 drive allen bits or sockets for a 1/4 drive ratchet. much better than using keys. a torque wrench is nice to have also.
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I have the same bow. I have the factory Matrix 355 trigger here collecting dust after installing a TT trigger.

If your in a jam for a trigger PM me your address & I will send it to you...
I really appreciate the offer I think I'm going to try what foofoo did first and if it don't work I'll give you a shout thanks again for all your imput good luck hunting and be safe.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I also have two triggers from M380's sitting around doing nothing after changing over to the TTM 2 stage...Willing to send free of charge to anyone who be in need and in a pinch....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »