scope for 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tammie

scope for 380

Post by tammie »

scope on the 380 has bitten the dust weve checked everything loctited all that,no dice wont group even @ 20.upgrading per cabelas tomorow,suggestions?im thinking leupold crossbones & hha optimizer.would like to keep it on the light side but w magnifcation what yall think?opening bow season sept.27th :shock:
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
paulaboutform

Re: scope for 380

Post by paulaboutform »

I think you won't go wrong with a Leupold and I would've have a crossbow without the HHA Optimizer. Good choice. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
tammie

Post by tammie »

yes i have a leupold on my rifle that i love & the hha is gonna be something new to learn but i guess i will.meanwhile the husbands equinox is dead nuts so thats good .just wanna get it all lined out soon ...running out of time.aint that how it always goes :roll:
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Just my opinion, but....leupold is a great way to go and a very big step up in optics. The HHA I think may be super for 3D stuff but on a hunting rig I just dont see the need. It also mounts scope higher so cheekweld is not so good. just a thought.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

flightattendant100 wrote:Just my opinion, but....leupold is a great way to go and a very big step up in optics. The HHA I think may be super for 3D stuff but on a hunting rig I just dont see the need. It also mounts scope higher so cheekweld is not so good. just a thought.
I totally agree about the HHA. Great for 3D but if I only hunted with my bow I'd leave it off. I'd go Leup for a scope too. They seem to hold up!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I guess it's all personal preference but I love my Optimizer for hunting. With my setup I can set my speed dial at 33yards and that puts me 2" high at 20yards and 2" low at 40yards. Worked great for my little spike I smacked last week at 40yards. Nothing to do but aim and shoot. Love it. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
fredd

Post by fredd »

Hawke xb1. Green and red lighted ,low to bright settings, yardage markers from 20 to 100yrds. Had one on my 380 and now on my 330. Hawke all the way.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

tammie wrote:scope on the 380 has bitten the dust weve checked everything loctited all that,no dice wont group even @ 20.upgrading per cabelas tomorow,suggestions?im thinking leupold crossbones & hha optimizer.would like to keep it on the light side but w magnifcation what yall think?opening bow season sept.27th :shock:
Call Danny Miller at (740] 483-2312, so you can turn in your failed Tact-Zone for a Leupold and only pay the difference. He ships fast and understands the need for a quality optic.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Nothing wrong with a Burris either.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I use my Equinox for hunting only and no 3D shooting. I like the Nikon Bolt Xr because it is accurate, light, short & has 3" to 4" eye relief. I have it set for X-hairs at 25 yards and use them for shots between 20/30 yards. 1st circle is for 35/45 yards but try and limit all of my shots to 40 yards or under. The Nikon does NOT have a speed ring and is not lighted. I believe the glass is excellent and the scope is good in low light conditions.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

I would go with the Leupold Crossbones. That's what I had Danny Miller put on my new Matrix 380, and it's a great scope.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

yooper_man wrote:
tammie wrote:scope on the 380 has bitten the dust weve checked everything loctited all that,no dice wont group even @ 20.upgrading per cabelas tomorow,suggestions?im thinking leupold crossbones & hha optimizer.would like to keep it on the light side but w magnifcation what yall think?opening bow season sept.27th :shock:
Call Danny Miller at (740] 483-2312, so you can turn in your failed Tact-Zone for a Leupold and only pay the difference. He ships fast and understands the need for a quality optic.

Andrew
X2!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
tammie

Post by tammie »

Image whew problem solved!the screws on the picatinny rail were backing out even w locktight keith picked it up by the scope & realized it was loose!i know rookie mistake but wanted to let yall know to always double check that.so now i have brand new leupold xbones & hha.when i got home from work & laid my eyes on this leupold i realized i dont feel like jacking w the hha just yet (season starts saturday)i like this set up imma keep it.crystal clear!so ive got 8 burt coyote luminoks im gonna try muzzy trocar 125s this year food plot coming on nicely & deer &pig tracks everywhere.i even remembered how to post pics from facebook after not doing it for a year!i has been one excellent day & i will even be able to sleep tonight now that my linda is fixed!just need some butler creek scope covers new reds & a new 18 in one target!stay tuned.... :D
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Sounds great... good luck this season!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

That Leupold looks nice on top of your Matrix tammie. Good luck this fall!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ