Excalibur Customer Service - WOW!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Excalibur Customer Service - WOW!

Post by VixChix »

Never thought I'd be one of those taking my bow into the factory for surgery. Never say never:

Yesterday I shot 3D at Oxford; shortly after beginning the afternoon round I dryfired. My first thought was "it's OK, it's a Vixen!" but when I saw the shattered limbs I knew that it had been subjected to one dryfire (or minivan tire) too many.

So today I did the walk of shame through the Excalibur factory doors with my 9 year old brown Vixen and confessed my sins.

I was directed to the warranty area where I almost had the feeling that they weren't surprised to see me. 8) I confessed my sins again to Steve and without hesitation he took my baby to the operating area where he performed a very successful limb transplant . I was OVERJOYED that he was able to match brown limbs for my bow.

What really amazes me is this: My bow is 9 yrs old. I've been shooting 3D for 6+ years. The bow is used for demo days where it's passed around and shot over & over again for hours. It's been dryfired several times by various people. It was run over by a minivan. There is no hiding the fact that this bow had been heavily used and abused. What other company anywhere would provide a new set of limbs for a 9 yr old bow with such high milage on it?

SERIOUSLY.

Any other company would say "Time to buy a new bow" or "You messed up big time, but we can sell you a new set of limbs for a few hundred $". Who even honours a warranty on something 9 yrs old anymore? Companies like that are few and far between!

I've always been an outspoken fan of Excalibur. I have never had qualms about recommending the xbows or the company. Having experienced their incredible customer service first hand today, I am impressed and quite frankly, a bit astonished.

I'm very grateful to be able to carry my old brown Excalibur Vixen again. We've been through so much together and it looks like we have a few more adventures ahead of us still.

Thank you Excalibur!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
RexKay

Re: Excalibur Customer Service - WOW!

Post by RexKay »

That is fantastic!! Great service for sure!!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I am glad the Transplanted limbs were a success and life has been restored in the brown vixen. I wish you many more years together. Awesome history together and Hats off to Excalibur for their CS and to the rest of the company.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

There ya go, wish more companies would follow their example :mrgreen:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
FireFly

Post by FireFly »

From what I read in this forum, you do need to run over it with a truck to break it in though! :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...for what it cost Excalibur to replace said limbs and bring this near death experience back to life....they gained exponentially in the free advertising that will be spread and spread and spread....

In a world where directions and instructions for a product have so much legalese which basically says once it leaves the shop, "good luck" :shock: ....it is so refreshing to see a company that is the epitome of the phrase; "CUSTOMER SERVICE!"

Congrats VixChix for a great story and Excalibur for a job well done! :D

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cevans

Post by cevans »

Great to know. Happy hunting this year and WTG Excalibur!
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Oppie wrote:There ya go, wish more companies would follow their example :mrgreen:

X's 2! . . .one of the many reasons i bought an Excalibur!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

Monica, my Exomag is probably 20 years young and about 5 years ago I had a latch issue where my bow would automatically want to dry fire. I sent an email and was given a W/O number and told to send my bow in. It was repaired free of charge and Excalibur even paid the return postage. The only company I know of that treats us this well.
Dave
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Unlike another recurve bow manufacturer who's bows get used over here.
There has been a string of limb fails,owners replace the limbs at their own expense sell the bow on and the new owner then has to go through the same procedure.
Friend of mine bought some new limbs around Christmas and they've just gone.
Waiting to see if they will get replaced under warranty or if he will have to fork out again.
Been over six weeks in the waiting now.
Fortunately he can carry on his archery with a Vixen 2 I lent him.
Gets a bit of ribbing at the shoots as it's a pink one but beggars can't be choosers. :D
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Glad your bow is fixed!!!! Excal is the best!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Wow!! that is unreal service! makes me so glad I went with Excalibur. Glad you and your old friend have plenty of days ahead. bubba...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

When I made up my mind to buy an Excalibur Cross bow after doing all the research on other bows,CUSTOMER SERVICE,along with the QUALITY PRODUCT,made my decision easy to make.Every time someone asks what crossbow they should buy,I always without hesitation tell them EXCALIBUR!When they ask why,I always tell them of the high quality of the product,the simplicity of the bow(no cables or cams to worry about),being able to change the bow string yourself,even in the field,and the number 1 reason,is the CUSTOMER SERVICE provided if there ever is a need. I just hope this quality of service continues now that Excalibur has merged with Bowtech.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Sounds like you're fixed up for another 9 years or so now Moni. Excalibur has the warranty in the business bar none, My hats off for their outstanding customer service.

Have fun and happy shooting
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ArrowSlinger

Post by ArrowSlinger »

Great story with a happy ending! Just makes me feel more confident in choosing an excalibur product. Thanks for sharing the news about your care vixchix!! :D