matrix 330 questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

boltchucker

Re: matrix 330 questions

Post by boltchucker »

I agree with a lot of great people on here. THANKS for everyone's help.
boltchucker

Post by boltchucker »

Next question. Fast flight string on my matrix 330 or not? I have one on my vortex. And a Factory string on my axiom. What should I do?
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Let me ask you a question ? What do you want out of your string ? Speed ? No creep/stretch ? Survivability in case of a dry fire ? Affordability ? Looks ?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

You should buy a second string like the one that came with the bow. Virtually all of the Matrix bow owners are happy and successful with that same string. After you shoot the bow for a good long time you can decide if a Flemish string is required for your needs or not.
During the development of the bow, Excalibur put a mock up of the bow on an automated shooting machine. What they found was that the contact between the string and the limb could wear the string to a point of failure. Lubrication (my suggestion) by way of string wax was all it took to reduce that wear to an acceptable point. Of course, this concerns endless loop strings and the serving that closes the loop, but endless loop are more sensitive to this wear and Flemish strings are not nearly as sensitive.
Bottom line, ensure that you fully wax your string.
Fastflight is a proprietary name of material that hasn't been used by Excalibur for a coon's age. The string you have on your Vortex is likely made out of Dynaflight and I'm guessing it is a Flemish string. My first recommendation is to stick with the endless loop string, made out of Dynaflight, that came with your bow. It's fast and it's inexpensive. If you want to upgrade, buy one from the guy who has made more Flemish strings that anyone on this earth, Danny Miller 740 483 2312. He sells them at a very good price and he stands behind his work 100%. He makes and always has made all the strings for Excalibur.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Boo wrote:. What they found was that the contact between the string and the limb could wear the string to a point of failure. Lubrication (my suggestion) by way of string wax was all it took to reduce that wear to an acceptable point. Of course, this concerns endless loop strings and the serving that closes the loop, but endless loop are more sensitive to this wear and Flemish strings are not nearly as sensitive. .
This raises a question for me after reading this.
What is the long term effect of this string contact on the limbs. Does the limb camo surface wear after repeated use And if it does furthermore wear to the limb surface itself.
ie ( groove develop)
Or is it too early to tell yet.
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

or...buy one from boo,he is also a master string maker.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The carved tipped limbs never had a problem so I doubt it will be an issue. Besides, the camo seems to be tougher than the string material because it seems to wear and the camo doesn't seem to.
A little bit of wax on the string at the point of contact and your worries are over.
Some people just like stepping on rakes