New Member, non owner.... Updated

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

onebigskittle

Re: New Member, non owner

Post by onebigskittle »

DryFire wrote:
onebigskittle wrote:Welcome DryFire where are you from?
I"m from the Missouri Ozarks, but currently living outside of St. louis.
I've been reading and researching the forum, quite a bunch of good folks and info.
I'm not very impulsive and tend to hold back until I know what I'm dealing with. I believe that my first purchase will be a used bow that has been taken care of.
Once I learn more, I'll be able to make an educated buying decision. I can't afford to make a $1,200 mistake.
For reference,I don't typically follow the crowd, I hunt geese with a Marlin bolt action 10 guage, squirrels with a side by side .410 double barrel, deer and bear with a .35 Whelen, and drive a VW diesel pickup that runs on filtered fry oil. I'm also the proud black sheep of my family,,LOL.
Thank you all for the welcome posts, it's a nice way to start.
Trust me you wont make any mistake with buying an Excalibur product, I was afraid to spend the money on a crossbow but figured if you want to swim you have to jump in the pond to do it :lol: ...reason I asked where you were from because if you were close to me then you or any one around my parts are welcome to drop buy and shoot mine to see how you like Excalibur before taking the plunge.
Again Welcome
Tom

Post by Tom »

DryFire wrote:I have yet to figure out how to update my profile. I've been looking for it.
On the left side of the page, below the search button, below the Board index, you will see User Control Panel, click on that.

Then, again on the left side, look down until you find Profile, click on that and you can fill out what you want.

OH, by the way, welcome to the forum.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

Thanks! I'll get it updated.
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

I'm a diehard Leupold customer, so that that part of the equation will be a no brainer for me. I've over scoped every rifle and shotgun that I own. My antelope rifle, an H & R single shot 25.06, has a scope on it that is worth much more than the rifle. It is a tack driver. That being said, my binocs are Vortex. Go figure!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong with an Excalibur Crossbows.
Raymond
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

An update, of sorts.
After much research and deliberation, I just purchased my first "real" crossbow. I stumbled across a lightly used Kodabow Zulu. I got enough of a good deal on it that I will still be able to buy a new Excalibur when the time comes. This bow will give me some much needed crossbow experience that will help me make a more educated purchase. I like the folks on this forum and have learned a lot in the short time I've been here, I intend to stick around.
So, I wonder what new crossbow may be in the works at Excalibur for 2015? :)
bubba

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum!! you are right on coming here just keep reading all the posts and the different Excalibur crossbows. You can't go wrong with any of them. Just pick the one that most suits you. Also would be a good idea to find a brick and morter store so you can see and feel which one fits! Good luck with your search..... bubba.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
NEPAbowhunter

Re: New Member, non owner.... Updated

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

You will like your new Kodabow. I was torn between a Kodabow and an Excalibur, so I bought them both :D. Good luck with it!!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Welcome! I have the 355 matrix and it's a killing machine! Best $779 i ever spent.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

DryFire wrote:An update, of sorts.
After much research and deliberation, I just purchased my first "real" crossbow. I stumbled across a lightly used Kodabow Zulu. I got enough of a good deal on it that I will still be able to buy a new Excalibur when the time comes. This bow will give me some much needed crossbow experience that will help me make a more educated purchase. I like the folks on this forum and have learned a lot in the short time I've been here, I intend to stick around.
So, I wonder what new crossbow may be in the works at Excalibur for 2015? :)
Welcome to the Forum. Just can't imagine that Excal would have any groundbreaking new bows in 2015. It would be hard to one up the entire Matrix line. If the 405 ain't enough bow for any guy to hunt with,then I would just stick with a rifle.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Drew

Post by Drew »

Hey DryFire, welcome!

And just some info...if you have a Dunham's near you, you can get a sweet deal on Excalibur bows. Just search for a Dunham's coupon...usually 20% off but once in awhile you can find a 30% off coupon. I did just that last year and got a crazy deal on a Matrix 355. :mrgreen:
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Drew wrote:Hey DryFire, welcome!

And just some info...if you have a Dunham's near you, you can get a sweet deal on Excalibur bows. Just search for a Dunham's coupon...usually 20% off but once in awhile you can find a 30% off coupon. I did just that last year and got a crazy deal on a Matrix 355. :mrgreen:
Dunham's coupons are hard to copy or share now!!! Barcode is not visible when copied or forwarded.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

on my third excal to, traded in the old excocet for a 330 matrix so the girlfriend would have something to hunt with as previous bow was too heavy,m lots of great deals on older ones now too
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

Just can't imagine that Excal would have any groundbreaking new bows in 2015. It would be hard to one up the entire Matrix line. If the 405 ain't enough bow for any guy to hunt with,then I would just stick with a rifle.
I completely agree. Perhaps they will so something along the lines of a better factory trigger for the Matrix line, or even a TriggerTech
option. I will definetly be buying an Excalibur in the future. :wink:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus might have a joint venture wid Bowtech on a model or 2!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315