Sighting in the matrix 380. PROBLEMS!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Re: Sighting in the matrix 380. PROBLEMS!!

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I'm shooting the matrix 355 , and couldn't believe how bad the factory trigger was
We sure don't like to hear that. Anybody who is not happy with their trigger please contact us before you spend money on an aftermarket trigger. If something is wrong we can fix it. As I said Trigger Tech makes good stuff and if you think you really need to spend the money to get the trigger you want that is up to you.

I've been working here for over 11 years. I have serviced, assembled and hunted with our triggers and can tell you we do put a lot of work into them. The Matrix series has risen the bar with higher draw weights so perfect trigger sears are more critical.

Here's a true story, I had an owner of a Matrix 380 walk into our place complaining of a terrible trigger. I personally took the trigger apart and nothing was visibly wrong. I spent a few minutes polishing the sears although to the naked eye they looked perfect. I put it back together and let the owner shoot it. He said it was the best trigger he had ever felt.

Some will argue that is the way the trigger should have left here and I agree. We are working on new ways to do things to make sure all the sears are perfect to avoid any complaints of poor triggers. We have lots of people happy with the stock trigger and few who are not. Our trigger design has been around for 31 years, its tried and true and we know they will last the test of time and are safe.

Trigger Tech still needs to prove themselves, hopefully in 31 years they can say can make the same claims. :D

Peter
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

Peter,

Excalibur is legendary in bow performance and being bullet proof. Also backed up by the best customer service in the crossbow world. I don't know or talk to anyone that doesn't think the triggers could be better. Its the one piece of the puzzle that is needed. Excalibur and BT are now under one umbrella. They could learn something about customer service from you and their triggers (if possible) would compliment your bows oh so nicely. I fully back your statement about the 31 years. But right now I wouldn't pull my TT out to put a stock trigger in.
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

My trigger is far from fine for hunting. It's had over 100 shots and still not any better. As I mentioned in the original post, I leveled the crosshairs on my scope prior to tightening everything. I rigged my own level on top of my munch mount which is perfectly level with the rest of the bow. I would be willing to send my trigger in to be fixed but I'm not taking my bow apart this close to hunting season and having to start all over again. Like I said, the guy at woodys was supposed to have fixed it up prior to shipping it out. He even waited an extra day to ship it and told me he would waive the $40 fee he normally charges. My guess is it got completely overlooked and shipped out without anything being done. I wouldn't expect anyone to admit to polishing up the trigger in my bow that knows anything about them. As far as triggers go, I have stock triggers in most of my rifles. I'm not real big on perfect triggers. However no one could be expected to settle for the trigger like I have. Heavy trigger is fine. A little travel is fine. A heavy trigger, a lot of travel, mixed with the feeling of gravel inside the trigger group is not fine. I will look into getting different arrows next year. I went through 3 excalibur scopes in two year due to crosshairs moving so I avoided them on this set up. On my Exomax I had no problems with the trigger but wanted something smaller. So I sold it for a matrix. Again, my whole point is price of the Xbow vs quality of the trigger and why so many people feel the need to swap them out. Some may do it to have it similar to their rifles. I'm not a betting man but if I was I'd say the majority swap them out because of the problem I'm having.ill call Excalibur Tuesday when they open again.
Matrix 380
Nikon 3-9x40 with HHA Optimizer.
Deluxe Munch Mount
FIREBOLTS W/BRASS INSERTS, LUMENOCKS
100gr GRIM REAPERS 1 3/4 cut
strum

Post by strum »

JB2010 wrote:. I would be willing to send my trigger in to be fixed but I'm not taking my bow apart this close to hunting season and having to start all over again.
I know you don't want to take it apart this close to the season but..sounds as if youll have a terrible time hunting with it so .. just go for it man..
once you get the trigger worked out youll be more confidant and be able to focus on the hunt not the trigger.
For me(and this is why I love Excalibur) Im not afraid to hunt in the morn..take it all apart. reassemble check my sight in (probably will be spot on)..and go hunt that evening..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

The trigger will get a little better with alot of shooting but leaves much to be desired ! OK for hunting , but would definitely have to change something for 3D or target shooting at long range . Just my opinion ! :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

I would classify my trigger as a plinking trigger...
Matrix 380
Deluxe Munch Mount
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

UPDATE: Factory trigger was sent to Excalibur and found to have some problems. Excalibur sent me a new trigger and took a little extra care of it... Problem solved. Shooting 1/2" groups at 60 yards. That--- I can live with!
Matrix 380
Deluxe Munch Mount
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I love happy endings, and 1/2"groups at 60yards! :shock: :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Glad to see that a "happy ending" was achieved. :wink:

In my mind it's all about perception and expectations. Human nature being what it is, folks seem to be easily swayed by others and the hype that is created. Like sheep, most folks are followers and can be lead to believe that something is either good or bad. If they fall for and believe the propaganda that they are subjected to, they will jump on any bandwagon that happens to cross their path.

That is why hype is important and advertising is such big business. It doesn't matter if a product is good or not, but rather what's important is if it can be portrayed as being "the best thing since slice bread". :roll:

All it takes is a few people to either sing its praises or besmirched it, and the same item can either succeed or fail. We have seen this with strings that are sold on this forum, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Another prime example, for years Blackberry was the smart phone of choice, then suddenly it lost it's luster and popularity. Ever wonder why? It wasn't that the product changed, but rather the consumers' perception and expectations of that product changed.

In summation, one has to remember that in our world there is no utopia and that for every "pro" there's a "con". In other words, in order to pay Peter, we have to rob Paul. Unfortunately the problem is that some folks fail to understand this phenomenon, and expect to gain without any pain.

If you're still with me, after this long-winded dissertation, hopefully you've read between the lines and have understood my point, and I can finally get off my soapbox. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.