Tact Zone Scope Problems (2nd time)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

snuffbox

Re: Tact Zone Scope Problems (2nd time)

Post by snuffbox »

I went way out of my way to get a loopy crossbones,not commonly available in England.Optically it beat all the others I tried and that s the old Xb30,tact zone and the Shadowzone .
When you invest in good optics you only buy it the once. :D
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

I have the Shadow Zone on my Equinox, only complaint is the cheesy plastic scope caps rather than the nice fitted rubber ones... I only use Leupold Vari X models on all my rifles though. Lifetime warranty, never had one fog up or go out of adjustment yet..
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Sutts: Yes...I think I got the value of the scope plus had to give some cash for the upgrade for a higher quality scope, but that was with Danny Miller too. I sent him my scope and rings...plus and he's sending the Leupold scope and new rings. I don't know if Cabelas would do that or not. I'd bet they won't, but could be wrong. Doesn't hurt to ask. I'd give Danny a call if it was me.....if thats what you want to do is to do an upgrade.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I junked the tact zone from get go - I Have seen too many let guys down in bush for my likening. I use Leopold Cross Bones, excellent scope that does not let you down. I understand that an expensive scope would price Excalibur's packages out of range for many. But, they should offer no scope package as well. A lifetime guarantee does not do me much good on a fly in hunt.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I own Leupold scopes on my rifles and muzzleloaders. They are crisp, solid and good in low-light. They are also backed by their lifetime warranty. I don't think you could go wrong putting one on a crossbow.

I'd put my hawke XB-30 next to them in terms of performance. I prefer the reticle and how you can illuminate, in red or green, only the aiming markers instead of the whole reticle, which makes for better low light visibility when compared to most excalibur scopes. I find with the lumi or shadowzone that the illuminated reticles take away from the clarity of the image of your target, not sure if the twilight dlx is the sAme, never shot one.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
deerlure

Post by deerlure »

sutts wrote:Hello - First time poster here. Not having good luck with the tact zone scope from my 380. The first one I had the cross hairs turn 45 degrees on me after 100 shots. Now I just got back from a Nothern Michgan hunt and the second scope is completely blury and I can't see through it. The bum deal is I actually like the scope but am losing confidence in it as this would be my third one since this summer. Has anyone else given up on the tact zone and went with something different? Thanks for your thoughts.
I just bought the 355 with the same scope. Cross hairs are at 45 degrees. Obviously a defect in this scope.
deerlure

Post by deerlure »

Bought the Matrix 355 with the Tact Zone scope. 4 shots and the cross hairs turned to 45 degrees. Archery starts in PA in 10 days. Very disappointing considering the price and reputation of Excalibur.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Archery starts in PA in 10 days
In a word..........Danny M :D iller
"Eze 18:21"
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Sorry to hear about the scope issue, give us a call and we will replace that scope. We can easily have it replaced before deer season!

Peter

800-463-1817
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

snuffbox wrote:I went way out of my way to get a loopy crossbones,not commonly available in England.Optically it beat all the others I tried and that s the old Xb30,tact zone and the Shadowzone .
When you invest in good optics you only buy it the once. :D
True words of wisdom. I have tried them all Hawke, Nikon, all Excalibur scopes. Once you use a Leupold you will be set for life!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
deerlure

Post by deerlure »

Just bought a new Matrix 355 with a Tact Zone scope. Cross hairs turned 45 degrees on the 4th shot. Not a happy camper.
turkeylips

Post by turkeylips »

Don t you know they are junk put a good scope on your bow you pay good dollars for a great bow and you put crap onlt
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

turkeylips wrote:Don t you know they are junk put a good scope on your bow you pay good dollars for a great bow and you put crap onlt
Just because some of the Tact Zone scopes have issues doesn't mean that ALL of them are junk. In reality the percentage of ones that have issues is quite small. Yes, I know and I agree that it's very frustrating for those folks who got the ones with issues and they can't be blamed for complaining. Unfortunately, the folks who haven't had issues rarely post.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
bbahunter

Post by bbahunter »

ComfyBear wrote:
turkeylips wrote:Don t you know they are junk put a good scope on your bow you pay good dollars for a great bow and you put crap onlt
Just because some of the Tact Zone scopes have issues doesn't mean that ALL of them are junk. In reality the percentage of ones that have issues is quite small. Yes, I know and I agree that it's very frustrating for those folks who got the ones with issues and they can't be blamed for complaining. Unfortunately, the folks who haven't had issues rarely post.
I agree 100 %, they are not a bad scope at all.
Suppressor 355
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ComfyBear wrote:
C.B. you make a very good point. We're quick to complain, rightfully or not, but rarely are we as quick to give credit and thanks when it's due. Soooo, I've had problems with my tac zone and Excalibur took care of it quickly. I've had a couple other issues that they also took care of quickly. Thank you Excalibur for your excellent customer service and wonderful customer care. Thank you for building a crossbow that i can not only shoot out to 110 yards but drive tacks at that distance. Thanks Boo for all your help and advice and great strings. Thanks Normous and Munch and Iron Noggin and Kegbelly and Big John and many others too numerous to mention for answering all my silly questions and helping me with setups and equipment suggestions when I was starting up. The setbacks are crappy and annoying but imo the positives far outweigh them and I'm grateful for that.....sorry for getting off topic. :D :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.