Question on Zombie Slayer Shafts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cevans

Question on Zombie Slayer Shafts

Post by cevans »

How many that shoot this shaft, shoot the .003 straight shaft? How many shoot the .001 straight shaft? Does the difference in straightness make a large difference? Just curious as eventually going to buy some new shafts and looking at these right now.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
VixChix

Re: Question on Zombie Slayer Shafts

Post by VixChix »

.001 here. I chose them for 3D. I want every advantage for accuracy for the longer distances - especially since almost every xbow I compete against is faster. I use the same set up for hunting.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I shoot them and wouldn't shoot anything else because the tolerance is so tight. I believe I have the. 001's but I'm not positive. I've got a new dozen on the way to me now and I'll check. Honestly, if the price is close I'd go with the .001's, if they're a lot more I'd go with the. 003's because I don't believe you'll notice a big difference. Don't hesitate getting these arrows, they really are awesome. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Normous

Post by Normous »

The price difference between the .001 and .003 is $1.00 each, or less than a coffee. For that money I choose the .001.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Normous wrote:The price difference between the .001 and .003 is $1.00 each, or less than a coffee. For that money I choose the .001.
Without having to check my arrows I'm sure that's what I've got. For a difference of twelve bucks I know I would've ordered the. 001's. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
westcoastruss

Post by westcoastruss »

My Zombies from Big John are under production now. If they are as good as I keep hearing, I will be over the moon.
Matrix 380 Xtra
Big John Zombie Slayers
Toxic broadheads
Red & White Xcaliber strings - Oh Canada!
"Y" Munch Mount
Trigger Tech trigger
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I have both .003 and .001, these are hunting arrows for sub-50 yard ranges and honestly at that distance I can't tell much difference in accuracy between the two, if any. I guess for 3d and very long range target the .001s would probably perform better. Like Normous says, the price diffrerence isn't that much so I'll stick with the .001's in the future.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
offshore

Post by offshore »

I started out shooting the .001 shaft. . .placed an order for another 2 dozen and somewhere along the line there was a mix-up - .003 size shafts arrive from The Brown Santa Clause ! ! ! I wasn't very happy and thought the worst, then put them up for sale on this site. A few days later Boo responds to my post and tells me of some experimenting he has done with these very same shafts and that he DID NOT see a real difference in POI in hunting distances between the two shafts and that I should save the money and shoot them!

Long story short - I took Boo's advice and shot them. 60 yards is my max hunting range and I can group these arrows inside of 2" as I could with the .001 shaft. With that said, I do like to have all the cards stacked in my favor as much as possible, so, I would reorder the .001's. . .but would I really need them ? ? ? In "my mind", yes, but that's just my $.02 on the matter - LOL. Shoot the best your wallet can get. . .good luck.
Outback

Post by Outback »

Where can a fella purchase Zombie Slayer shafts in Ont. Would like to try them as I have been reading a fair bit about them and like what I'm hearing. Any help is appreciated, thanx.

outback
galamb

Post by galamb »

Can't find much of anything beyond Carbon Express and Easton in Ontario.

I buy all my arrows (for vertical bow) and bolts from Lancaster Archery in Pennsylvania. You can load up CDN$ prices right on their website and the cost to ship is about 8 bucks for a dozen (or less) - always have them in about a week.

I believe they charge 25 cents per arrow if you want them custom cut.

(Canada post takes longer and charges more when I get stuff sent from Archers Nook in London, ON out to Kingston area where I live).

Worth taking a look - http://www.lancasterarchery.com/hunting ... bolts.html
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Normous

Post by Normous »

Outback wrote:Where can a fella purchase Zombie Slayer shafts in Ont. Would like to try them as I have been reading a fair bit about them and like what I'm hearing. Any help is appreciated, thanx.

outback
Boo sells them.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Wisc Mac

Post by Wisc Mac »

I wanted a set of very repeatable arrows. Bought a dozen .001 spine indexed and matched Zombies from South Shore Archery. I tried to categorize them so I could bunch them in sets of three. Problem was, they were all so similar I ended up with 12 that all fly the same. They averaged inside an inch of zero at 40'yds, even with a light wind. It's been a windy late summer/fall and I could not get a totally calm day. I gave up waiting after about 2 weeks and thought I go shoot and then redo it on a calm day, but with results I had, I didn't see a need.

I fully impressed and will have a good set for years. (I'll use some other older arrows for general practice)
Matrix 380 Xtra
Winchester Model 94
Benelli SBE II
cevans

Post by cevans »

Even tho its hunting season,,couldn't stand it any longer, and pulled the trigger on a set of .001 zombie slayer 20" arrows and will maybe have them by Sat. This worked on me so much that I had to try them so thanks for the replys on my questions on BE zombies. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

It doesn't matter now I guess, but I shoot the .003" Zombies at deer. 1" groups at 40 yds with Slick Trick Magnums - all 6 arrows. Since I sit on the ground primarily there is a decent chance I'll lose some during the season. So I saved a few bucks. So far I'm 50%. 2 deer, I lost arrow.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
cevans

Post by cevans »

I got mine off Ebay,,as the seller had half doz. 003's for 45.99 fletched and 001's for 4 bucks more at 49.99 and free shipping. He also had them by the doz. at 89.99 for 003's and 99.99 I think for the 001's and both were free shipping. Cheaper than BE off their website as their shipping was min. 10.00 and up depending on what you ordered. Irony to all of Ebay sales is, seller is from ohio,,and the arrows were shipped from GA..means to me he is selling on ebay and drop shipping from BE's warehouse. Cheaper for prefletched,,hunting season is on,,so will shoot the prefletched and later on fletch them my way when I get time. Don't think for hunting,,,personally,,,that it makes any diff. what you shoot,,the 003's or the 001's,,but for 4 bucks for a half for now,,I went with the 001's and didn't need a doz. as I still have doz. and half other arrows but wanted to try the BE Zombies from all the hype other shooters here have been commenting on them,,and had to try them myself to appease my mind. Will have them Sat..and shouldn't take but a few shots to dial them in and will hunt with them. The factory arrows are same weight as ones I set up to match them with so all I will do for now is slap a broadhead in them and will tweak heck out of them after season is over with on a new setup later. I never get a shot over 30 yds in the cutover timber I constantly hunt so easy to sight in for me even tho I will sight 20 and 40 yds again.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's