Matrix Bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

roly

Matrix Bows

Post by roly »

I don't own a matrix bow, but I have been looking at them for a while now. The fact that I love my Nox so much has been holding me back.

I try to read every thing you guys are saying about them and it seems to me that maintaining the right BH seems to be key with the Matrix bows.

I was at my local archery store today checking them out again. I can see why first time buyers get mislead or should I say get bad advice.
We were talking Brace Height and the 2 guys behind the counter had no idea what we were talking about. I showed them all the matrix bows that were hanging up and every string was pushing into the bumpers, they never noticed that before.
The manager came over and joined us, he said there fine they only have to be off about a credit card width. I said that most ppl are running them around a 1/4" away and he said no the BH has to be set at 7/8ths to 1"....Duuhh!!!!
He said the trouble with Excalibur is they make their strings to long, I said I think it's the Dacron stretching, no no Dacron doesn't stretch that's why they use it, their strings are to long!!

I didn't buy a Matrix today.

I'm not an expert on Excal crossbows by any means but being a member here does give you a definite advantage.
gendoc

Re: Matrix Bows

Post by gendoc »

yes you are correct Roly !!!
what they don't know is, your key to inform them or a customer the right way
these fine crossbows need to be maintained.

I see it quite frequent in these parts....they think they know, when
they only know nothing...........it's priceless :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

I own a Matrix 355,absolutely love it! Tack driver like all Excalibur's!! I agree,their are a few folks on here who are a wealth of knowledge!! :D :D :D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Makes it a pretty trusting store to buy your new bow huh roly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walked out of a many stores never to return over know it all owners and workers. I think I have become a grummy old man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainstreet

Post by mainstreet »

They must be a Gold excalibur dealer.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

wheelie wrote:Makes it a pretty trusting store to buy your new bow huh roly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walked out of a many stores never to return over know it all owners and workers. I think I have become a grummy old man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wheelie, yur justa grummy ol'bow fisher........ 8)
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

wheelie wrote:Makes it a pretty trusting store to buy your new bow huh roly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You allready were a grumpy ol' man! :lol: Good to see you posting.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've had the exact same experience at a number of different shops. I think from now on I'll just let a manager or owner know then forward the store information to Excalibur and they can contact the vendor....or not. It's tough dealing with egos. At least you'll know how to set your brace height when you get your excal. You'll love it. They're all tack drivers. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

When I went to one of those big box stores, I had the same experience, When I mentioned the brace height problem to the clerk, he said I'd have to speak with his supervisor. Upon appraising the supervisor of the problem and saying that I was willing to help him solve it, he wasn't interested.

When I stated that if he sold them in that manner the bumpers would be rendered useless, and if the bow was shot without fixing the problem, it would create further damage.

Here's the response I got from him, a self-proclaimed "expert gunsmith":

"That's the way they come from the factory, and if I touch them I'll void the warranty." When I replied: "Are you serious?", he added: "Yes and I don't have any money and don't want to get sued for voiding the warranty."

I shook my head and just "Sailed" away. :roll:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Came across a similar situation at a bowshop on HWY 41 just north of kaladar yesterday.
They had 4 Excalibur Matrix models on Display
405/380 strings were buried deep into the bumper.
355/330 strings were
sitting in the crack between the riser/rail.
Pointed it out just to see what kind of response I would get.

Response was.
"That's the way they come from the factory"

Starting to sound like a broken record.
Suggests to me that there seems to be a misunderstanding / expectation of what these dealers have come to expect of Excalibur crossbows right out of the box.
I guess they are failing to read the instruction manuals before putting Excalibur crossbows together for sales to the public.

Interesting ????
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Must be some of the same owners that are trying to sell a 5000.00 Excalibur crossbow on ebay ..Its all about the duckies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-Matri ... 51b13029c4
DES

Post by DES »

I researched the Matrix crossbows quite a bit before buying my 330, surprisingly the BH was about 1" out of the box. I foolishly untwisted the string to get it to 5/8" only to have to put twists back in it as it stretched lol.
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

flightattendant100 wrote:

You allready were a grumpy ol' man! :lol: Good to see you posting.
Be a grumpy old man in US later today. Leaving for Toronto Airport and flying to South Carolina. Going on a red carpet tour of Airease for 3 days. Be a real grumpy man if the friendly boarder guards hassle me for my esmokes and juice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which reminds me, I left my bag unattended in the living room last night. Better check wife never put anything in my bag for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Question: If many, if not most, ignorant dealers place their Matrix bows on the display rack with an incorrect brace, and then they tell you, "That's the way they come from the factory" why then doesn't Excalibur do what seems obvious? - shorten their strings so that ignorant dealers can assemble correctly with brace height correct at assembly?
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

You guys make me laugh.
Your are talking about big store with maybe 2500 to 5000 items and crossbows being a very, very , very small part of their business.
There is no one here that could know, all there is to know, about all the inventor that they carry.
That's my opinion anyway.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243