Gap between stck and main frame

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Gap between stck and main frame

Post by bobcattrapper »

Just noticed on my 330 there is a small gap between where the stock and the frame is.Just in front of where you put the rope cocker to cock your bow where it rests by the stock.Maybe its always been there.I could probably put 4 or 5 i dollar bills in it.On my axiom I just looked and its pretty flush.Could probably put a piece of thread in that crack.So whats normal and do they all vary with the stock to frame fit in that spot? Thanks!
boltchucker

Re: Gap between stck and main frame

Post by boltchucker »

Just looked at my m330 it has a small gap in it. I can only get 2 dollar bills to fit. Try loosening the 2 bolts on the bottom of the stock and tapping it back.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

My 380 has a wider gap at the joint than my Exo, but it has not affected accuracy one bit. Maybe just variations in machining tolerances.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Kegbelly wrote:My 380 has a wider gap at the joint than my Exo, but it has not affected accuracy one bit. Maybe just variations in machining tolerances.
yea what i was thinking.mine shoots great!
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Pictures????
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

colouredchameleon wrote:Pictures????
Mine is in the back of my truck in a case with all my other hunting stuff all set.Should really not need a pic if you look at a Excalibur in that spot.Right below the safety area you can see that square looking part of the frame that is right up next to the stock in front of the rope cocker groove.hope i explained it ok.I don't know how to post a pic on here anyway lol
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Mine is in the back of my truck in a case with all my other hunting stuff all set.Should really not need a pic if you look at a Excalibur in that spot.Right below the safety area you can see that square looking part of the frame that is right up next to the stock in front of the rope cocker groove.And that part looks slightly back at a angle with a gap where you put the rope.hope i explained it ok.I don't know how to post a pic on here anyway lol
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

My 330 has it, my 380 doesn't. Both shoot fine...it's become common on the matrix line to have these gaps, I've heard others complain. Not me it's purely cosmetic because it's not affecting accuracy any!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Mine is in the back of my truck in a case with all my other hunting stuff all set.Should really not need a pic if you look at a Excalibur in that spot.Right below the safety area you can see that square looking part of the frame that is right up next to the stock in front of the rope cocker groove.hope i explained it ok.I don't know how to post a pic on here anyway lol
Sorry Bobcat I totally misread your post... for some reason I was thinking about the gap between the front of the rail and the riser. My bad! But I have noticed the rail on my 380 sits higher out of the stock, or maybe the stock is not as high or wide as on the Exo, but there are no gaps back there.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
fredd

Post by fredd »

my 330 and my micro has it.