SHORT STORY
Went to TD canada trust :D
Asked for a sum of money (some what large I guess) :lol:
They ask me what it was for :shock:
I would not tell 8)
They denied me :x
Went back with father :o
was given the money i asked for. :lol:

They said that that was a rather sum of money for me to be taking out at such a small branch.

$3500.....GIVE ME A BREAK

I am closing my account tomorrow
Any suggestions for good banks?
-Richard-
TAC

Post by TAC »

As a kid, my parents had to co-sign any withdrawls I made over a certain limit. Could this possibly be the case?
Don

Post by Don »

Most banks would ask for parental concent before such a large transaction from a younger customer. Probably would not make a difference from which bank you deal. If you are switching banks though I would suggest if you have that kind of money in the bank to go with your local credit union service fees are generally less and you will get dividends sometimes during the year.

Don :lol:
turkeywacker

Post by turkeywacker »

I say forget them!!!! :evil: :evil:

I don't care how old you are, if the account is in your name and nobody else's, they should give you YOUR money. No exceptions!
Digger

Post by Digger »

RichardS I'd a told them I was getting a high class hooker for the branch managers surprise birthday gift. 8) :twisted: Then let them turn you down. :wink:

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
chessy

Post by chessy »

My wife went to the bank of montreal and ask to withdraw 3200 dollars they told her no way to much money to withdraw with out notice .... well most of you dont know my wife but she ended up closeing the acount she got her money in a way of a money transfer to the cibc ..... went straight up there and with drew that money out no questions asked
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

:evil: There all evil :evil: :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife

Post by Guest »

Darn! It must be a living hell being Canadian... This is what happens when you guys let 'em start taking your firearms...
cdngunner...

Post by cdngunner... »

Canada Trust was fine untill TD took over!

I am still looking for any excuse to leave and find another bank!

DID YOU ASK TO TALK TO THE MANAGER???
the king of queens

Post by the king of queens »

Hi Richard: Try PC banking(Loblaws or Independant Grocers) or ING(at some Canadian Tire stores). They both are no fees which is money in a young fellow like yourself's pocket.
Regards,
Doug
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I think all you guys are being way to hard on our banks. They all only made 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS each last year. How can they afford to operate like this??

Also, my heart goes out to our dear Oil companies, who are struggling to meet ends meet. The price at the pumps should be inflated a litle higher.

Any of you believe this, I've got some real estate, ta sell ya, California Ocean Front Property, $1.00 a square foot.

Grey Owl
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Shucks GREY OWL I thought ya would add the Golden Gate Bridge in there :lol: :lol: :lol: I have seen it fer sell a few times :roll:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Im not really a kid (19).

I switched to PC.

No charges....NICE :D
-Richard-
Camper

Post by Camper »

Hey Richard, If you are 16 years of age or older, they should have let you take your money out immediately with proper ID. I would still (even after closing your account) write a letter to TD Canada trust and ask for an apology and an explanation on first why they did this and second, how they are going to resolve issues like this in the future. It is so frustrating dealing with Banks, Bell (Sympatico , Express view,cellular) and other businesses that monopolize the markets.

RRRRRRRRRRRR :x :x :x :x :x
I can feel your frustration
Camper
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Hi Richard
Glad you left that bank. You are 19 & God willing have 60+ years ahead of you. That bank screwed itself out of 60 yrs of future profits from your account. Not too bright, especially with your major earning years still ahead of you.
Get out & Enjoy.