New Excalibur Deadzone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Re: New Excalibur Deadzone scope

Post by Mister B »

I can't find any info on the Deadzone scope on this site. It must be new and hasn't been listed yet. Just curious how different it is from the other Excal scopes. I am budgeting for a new Micro. Hope they get everything worked out before I order....Also, does anyone know if the new Micros come with ADF? I don't see it listed on the site description but noticed it was listed on some of the other ads.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Mister B wrote:I can't find any info on the Deadzone scope on this site. It must be new and hasn't been listed yet. Just curious how different it is from the other Excal scopes. I am budgeting for a new Micro. Hope they get everything worked out before I order....Also, does anyone know if the new Micros come with ADF? I don't see it listed on the site description but noticed it was listed on some of the other ads.
reds and adf!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Tom

Post by Tom »

I believe that an Excalibur scope is a good scope. It is more then capable of doing a good job. Is it a great scope, not really, not to the quality of the bows but Excalibur needs to balance needs and costs in their offered packages.

How many times on this forum have we read posts where people were thinking of getting a cheaper bow because of overall costs. Not everyone which uses crossbows needs the best scopes like many of us on here. Remember, cost & effective makes bows more accessible for many others.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Tom wrote:I believe that an Excalibur scope is a good scope. It is more then capable of doing a good job. Is it a great scope, not really, not to the quality of the bows but Excalibur needs to balance needs and costs in their offered packages.

How many times on this forum have we read posts where people were thinking of getting a cheaper bow because of overall costs. Not everyone which uses crossbows needs the best scopes like many of us on here. Remember, cost & effective makes bows more accessible for many others.

Tom
....couldn't agree with you more Tom and I truly understand and agree with budgeting issues and wife's that have the ability to fling cast iron frying pans at spouses....present company included.

I had absolutely no intentions of buying a scope for my Micro 335...First time out...3rd shot there is what appears to be material with fraying edges inside scope...I looked at the scope...cleaned the front and back...brought the scope back up...it was still there in the same spot....I hit the scope top and it was gone!

I never had a problem with a Leupold so that is the way I am going...you buy once and it is done!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ever shoot at a deer at 30 yards to watch in disbelief as it runs off with an arrow stuck in it's shoulder and flopping around after only penetrating an inch or so?

I have! :oops:

Excalibur Vari-Zone scope I had checked before I climbed up in my stand and it was right on. Checked right after the bad hit and it was 8-10" high/right. (I have a bag target & shooting bench 40 yards from my ladder stand.)
This was the 3rd "Made in China" scope to do the same thing in less than 3 years. (the other two were TenPoint scopes)
Right then I decided if I could afford a $500 crossbow I could sure afford a $200 Leupold scope!
Been using Leupold(s) for several years now and have had zero problems.
wabi
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wabi wrote:Ever shoot at a deer at 30 yards to watch in disbelief as it runs off with an arrow stuck in it's shoulder and flopping around after only penetrating an inch or so?

Excalibur Vari-Zone scope I had checked before I climbed up in my stand and it was right on. Checked right after the bad hit and it was 8-10" high/right. (I have a bag target & shooting bench 40 yards from my ladder stand.)
This was the 3rd "Made in China" scope to do the same thing in less than 3 years. (the other two were TenPoint scopes)
Right then I decided if I could afford a $500 crossbow I could sure afford a $200 Leupold scope!
Preach it now!...Preach it now!...Brother Wabi! :lol:

Sadly for Excalibur they do not seem to learn and continue to offer cheap crap with their Great Crossbows!....at least offer the option!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

amythntr wrote:
wabi wrote:
Sadly for Excalibur they do not seem to learn and continue to offer cheap crap with their Great Crossbows!....at least offer the option!

That's what I'm screaming!

A Canadian archery company called APA makes an awesome product but what sets them apart from there in the industry is how much freedom they offer their customers when it comes time to custom order a bow. You can basically build a one of a kind, high-end rig that suits your needs/wants.

Why can't Excalibur offer the same? Instead we are basically forced to pony up for second rate accessories and the customer can't custom order anything. It's time they start catering to us instead of just pleasing the masses.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm 38. I have had laser eye repair in both eyes and my vision is excellent.
I like the Excal scopes for the features they have. They have a speed ring to easily compensate for different fps. (I don't want to mess around with a program to figure out my top chevron is 12.345 yards like the the Nikon, my arrow weights can fluctuate and that setup seems less than ideal) They have illumination ( I target shoot at dark) and they have a reticle setup that I like with a lifetime warranty. I haven't found another maker with quite the same options for what I would consider a reasonable amount of money for such a short range bow. Now, when it comes to shooting 500 yards the requirements change somewhat (I love my Nikon on my 22-250) But high end optics can fail too resulting in a poor shot. About the only Excal scope worthy if the bad rap it gets on this forum is the tact zone and as far as reliability of equipment it's going to be hard to beat open sites. Lol

As you can tell I have not been bit by a bad Excalibur scope, except my lumizone which I found fault with while target shooting and was exchanged for another and has been working flawlessly since.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

right now i have an xb30 on the mirco .my eyes are bad excal scopes just are not clear for me i dont like the chervons ( but thats just me) leupold on my other one
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

My first Excalibur scope was the Shadow-Zone scope that came with my Equinox. I soon discovered the Shadow-Zone was Chinese made, so I sold it off including Excalibur rings.

I bought a lightly used Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope. Mounted it with Leupold rifleman detachable low rings.

I sold my Equinox in order to buy my Matrix 355. I sold the Equinox without a scope. I received my Matrix 355 package and I immediately sold off the Chinese made Tact-Zone scope including Excalibur rings.

I mounted my Leupold scope with Leupold rifleman rings on my Matrix 355 for an awesome setup.

I only hunt with Leupold scopes.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

yooper_man wrote:My first Excalibur scope was the Shadow-Zone scope that came with my Equinox. I soon discovered the Shadow-Zone was Chinese made, so I sold it off including Excalibur rings.

I bought a lightly used Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope. Mounted it with Leupold rifleman detachable low rings.

I sold my Equinox in order to buy my Matrix 355. I sold the Equinox without a scope. I received my Matrix 355 package and I immediately sold off the Chinese made Tact-Zone scope including Excalibur rings.

I mounted my Leupold scope with Leupold rifleman rings on my Matrix 355 for an awesome setup.

I only hunt with Leupold scopes.

Andrew

So Andrew, just so it is clear to me, are you saying you prefer Leupold scopes?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside...dealing with my "partna" Danny Miller is just wonderful. I have shipped back my "dead-zone" scope to him this morning and he is shipping me the Leupold Crossbones today...gave him all of my CC information which he was fine doing the transaction without the DZ in his hands...

If the stars align right, I hope to have the LCB by Friday and be at the range Sat morning...sighted in and hunting Sat night....otherwise I am stuck hunting with my old Matrix 380...Oh well such is life! :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

wabi wrote:Ever shoot at a deer at 30 yards to watch in disbelief as it runs off with an arrow stuck in it's shoulder and flopping around after only penetrating an inch or so?

Been there done that. Factory scope cost me a nice buck a few years ago. Vowed never again. Leupold is what rides on top of my Excalibur now.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
strum

Post by strum »

So far have owned 3 Vzones.. I shot hundreds if not thousands of shots thought them. the only problem I had was with one I picked up used at a pawn shop ..it had a lens crack internally but it shot dead on. Danny replaced it for me.
I know they get a bad rap but for what they are they do fine.
Excal did the right thing (I think) in not going back to the Tzone though.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

strum wrote:So far have owned 3 Vzones.. I shot hundreds if not thousands of shots thought them. the only problem I had was with one I picked up used at a pawn shop ..it had a lens crack internally but it shot dead on. Danny replaced it for me.
I know they get a bad rap but for what they are they do fine.
Excal did the right thing (I think) in not going back to the Tzone though.

...yea but the Vzone is made at the desk next to the Tzone in the same Chinese factory :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

fwiw, I do not pretend to claim that excal scopes compare to leupold or even Nikon or anyone else for that matter, I think everone will agree that leupold is far better optics, and reliabilty is better, its just that whether or not its justified. I just want to clear that up b4 someone says OSS said leupold and tactzone are the same. LOL

That said, Anthony I think its dangerous to imply that anything from china is junk. the lumizone that's made next to the table that puts together the tactzone could very well be down the street of the people making glass & components for the leupold.

Leupold uses foreign sourced components for some parts of Golden Ring products, primarily lenses. This is because at this time, there is no American manufacturer that can supply the quantity of high quality lenses that Leupold needs for its annual Golden Ring Optics production. Leupold’s lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers, in its state-of -the-art optics lab and then procured from outside vendors who must meet stringent quality standards.

Incoming parts are carefully inspected in our testing facility before they are accepted into the assembly process. Incidentally, all major optics producers worldwide acquire some or all of their glass from the same sources as Leupold. Some of these sources are located domestically, some are European, and some are Asian. Leupold has acquired its lenses this way for over 50 years.

disclaimer: if Leupold made a scope with all my requirements met at a price suitable for a crossbow, id be all over it. just saying that just because something says china, japan, Philippines etc etc on it, doesn't mean its shiet.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-