Matrix 355 vs Micro 335 Cocking Effort?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Matrix 355 vs Micro 335 Cocking Effort?

Post by Big Woods »

Can someone comment on how they compare? Sounds like the 335 requires quite a bit more effort? If that's the case, I will stick with my 355.

Thanks!
Carnivorous

Re: Matrix 355 vs Micro 335 Cocking Effort?

Post by Carnivorous »

Big Woods wrote:Can someone comment on how they compare? Sounds like the 335 requires quite a bit more effort? If that's the case, I will stick with my 355.

Thanks!
I have both bows. The micro takes a lot more effort to load for sure. However it's such a short draw that it's not that bad. It's a tradeoff to get the smaller well balanced bow....

Do yourself a favour and go to your dealer and try it for yourself...

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X2! You notice the difference in that last inch, or so, but like Jeff said, it's over pretty quickly.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

How does it compare to the 380?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I shot my buds 380 several times, about equal I would say.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I am hoping to get to play with a micro at Harrisburg in February. Peter, will you be there again this year? My last visit to the Excalibur booth cost me a fortune; it sold me on the Matrix 380......
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Big Woods wrote:Can someone comment on how they compare? Sounds like the 335 requires quite a bit more effort? If that's the case, I will stick with my 355.

Thanks!
I have both bows. The micro takes a lot more effort to load for sure. However it's such a short draw that it's not that bad. It's a tradeoff to get the smaller well balanced bow....

Jeff
Jeff,
I am new to the forum....please tell me if you had to choose between the 335 and the 355 which would you go with and why. I have narrowed my choice of a first crossbow to one of those. I have nowhere to test them. I did a lot of homework and will choose Excalibur based on perceived reliability, weight, and accuracy. ease of draw is not a big concern but reliability is. thanks, anyone else who owns any of the 380,355,or330 model AND a micro PLEASE chine in!!!!!!
norm
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

I have the 380, 405 and the 335. It feels heavy for the size weighing in at 6 lbs. but is very well balanced. If you hunt from a blind or tree stand the 335 would be the way to go because of its size and not as restrictive in close quarters. Cocking effort can be compared to the 380 as already mentioned, you can really feel it just before it latches. Deadly accurate out to 30 yards, haven't tested at any longer rages due to weather. You would not be disappointed with either one. I was at the Excalibur factory today to get my limbs changed out on my 405. Both limbs had small splinters on the inside of the limbs. Didn't get to talk with Dawn but Steve the warranty guy was superb. This was a new one to him with splinters on the inside. He had the limbs changed out within a matter of minutes and I was on my way with my 405 with new limbs.
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

coolhl wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:

Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff,
I am new to the forum....please tell me if you had to choose between the 335 and the 355 which would you go with and why. I have narrowed my choice of a first crossbow to one of those. I have nowhere to test them. I did a lot of homework and will choose Excalibur based on perceived reliability, weight, and accuracy. ease of draw is not a big concern but reliability is. thanks, anyone else who owns any of the 380,355,or330 model AND a micro PLEASE chine in!!!!!!
norm

Hands down I would go with the Micro. I have always been in pursuit of a smaller more compact bow & the Micro fits me like a glove. In the past I have had rails machined down & kept as much weight off of my bows as possible. I am not feeling the weight of the Micro because it's so short & not top heavy like all the others. I still really like my Matrix 355 & will keep it as a back-up but honestly the Micro will be my go to bow from now on once I get it all set-up with a flemish string, custom Zombies & grouping the same as my Matrix 355.

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Thanks for the quick replies from my new friends up north.
Jeff, my main concern was all that stress on those short limbs and
being a new design possible future problems with limb splinters/failure.
I am not clear on whether the guarantee for that is 5 years or lifetime.
I don't know if lifetime is realistic anyhow since I have a recurve bow now with splinters that I bought over 40 years ago and even if it had a lifetime guarantee I would feel weird returning it after all these years...
I will check out the other threads to see what arrows you are using.
BTW, at 30 yards which is more accurate 355 or 335?
thanks again, norm
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Jeff, just reread your last line which basically states they should both group the same...
I wonder at 40 yards though (although most of my hunting will be at 30).
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:How does it compare to the 380?
I find that the M380 is one evenly consistent pull to cock...easier for repeated shooting...

The Micro 335 is not bad until you get to that last inch where it wants to chew you up...but before you can say, "Holy S#&t!" it latches....

I have not had the opportunity to shoot repeatedly at the range...I am waiting for the Leopold CB's to arrive from Danny Miller....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

coolhl wrote:Thanks for the quick replies from my new friends up north.
Jeff, my main concern was all that stress on those short limbs and
being a new design possible future problems with limb splinters/failure.
I am not clear on whether the guarantee for that is 5 years or lifetime.
I don't know if lifetime is realistic anyhow since I have a recurve bow now with splinters that I bought over 40 years ago and even if it had a lifetime guarantee I would feel weird returning it after all these years...
I will check out the other threads to see what arrows you are using.
BTW, at 30 yards which is more accurate 355 or 335?
thanks again, norm

Hi Norm

I have not put in a good shooting session with the bow yet. Once I do I will post my results. I still have to cut some Zombies down once I get the Aluminum arrow inserts & Flemish string from Boo. I suspect I will have this thing running like switch watch come Spring Turkey time.. LOL
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

gotta be honest. luv the Micro but wasnt wowed like i thought i would be. having owned quite a few of some of the older long limb models i was impressed by the regular Matrix line.the Micro sure in compact but bites you at the end of cocking it back. all the weight is balanced but feels quite weighty in the forearm. i think the next thing the should work on is machining the scope rail to the trigger housing or at least figuring a way to marry the dry fire scope mount better to the rail and trigger housing. something better than a new way to screw it down or loc tite. those 4 scope base screws give people a heck of misery.
the elf

Post by the elf »

This information is very interesting to this old Pharte in his 73rd. year and makes me
think maybe I should stay with my 355 and my others. The extra oomph required to
cock the micro might take all the enjoyment out of it as most of my shooting except
for hunting is multiple shots. Just my thoughts----and it might even save me some money.