anyone use boltcutter B A T Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

anyone use boltcutter B A T Broadheads

Post by bobcattrapper »

Since were talkin about broadheads on other posts I thought i'd ask if anyone has used the New bat ones? I have had good luck with the regular ones but never tried the new BAT ones you can tune.Is it just a silly gimick to seperate you from more money? I'm not shooting dimes at 40yds.Minute of deer boiler room and the regular ones shoot great for me. :mrgreen: But maybe the new bat ones really are way better. :?
bobcattrapper

Re: anyone use boltcutter B A T Broadheads

Post by bobcattrapper »

so no one here has tried em? :shock:
whitetail1

Post by whitetail1 »

I am using the boltcutter with BAT. This is my 1st year with the crossbow, but I have hunted many years with a compound. I know from the past years with the compound that having the blades aligned with the vanes was a plus, so when I got the Matrix 405, I automatically got the boltcutters with the BAT. I know with the BAT alignment that the blades line up the same way every time, which I think is a good thing. Accuracy and consistency has been very good for me. Hope that helps.
Tom
Matrix 405
Stock Diablos w/NAP FOC
DeerBoyArchery String
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've shot countless fixed blades from my compounds over the years and personally have found no difference in blade/fletching orientation. Zero....from a properly tuned bow and spined and true arrow. Crossbows seem much less picky than compounds due to a minimization of human error potential. Therefore, I suggest testing a good quality broadhead for accuracy and go with what works for you. I use Toxic Broadheads and Slick Tricks are a close second. Both are awesome.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
wabi

Post by wabi »

paulaboutform wrote:I've shot countless fixed blades from my compounds over the years and personally have found no difference in blade/fletching orientation. Zero....from a properly tuned bow and spined and true arrow. Crossbows seem much less picky than compounds due to a minimization of human error potential. Therefore, I suggest testing a good quality broadhead for accuracy and go with what works for you. I use Toxic Broadheads and Slick Tricks are a close second. Both are awesome.
X2 and add longbows & recurves to the mix.

I suppose on a poorly matched combination of arrow & broadhead it might help slightly, but since I can shoot broadheads with same hole accuracy without BAT I'll save my money for a bottle of snake oil to rub on the rail.
wabi