BRRRRR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

BRRRRR

Post by strum »

Ok boys its 12 degrees here in north ga. that's about 20 degrees colder than I have been hunting this year.. headed out... I know you guys up north are laughing at me :D
one thing for sure..i know where my truck is :lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously though.. I seen squiet a bit of movement and a good buck a week ago and then the deer movement has all but stopped ..Im thinking the cold snap will get em going again.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
flightattendant100

Re: BRRRRR

Post by flightattendant100 »

strum wrote:Ok boys its 12 degrees here in north ga. that's about 20 degrees colder than I have been hunting this year.. headed out... I know you guys up north are laughing at me :D
one thing for sure..i know where my truck is :lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously though.. I seen squiet a bit of movement and a good buck a week ago and then the deer movement has all but stopped ..Im thinking the cold snap will get em going again.
Good luck Stan. I think most of the "guys up north" laugh at us anyway :lol: :lol:
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Consider yourself lucky, -9 here ⛄️. Poor folks in Buffalo NY got 6' snow over last 48 hours! That would put damper on deer hunt pretty fast.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....9 degrees Stan...are you kidding me :lol: :lol: ...thats tee shirt and flip flop hunting weather in NJ :shock: :shock: ...all kidding aside, hope you bundled up...some extremities freeze easily, if you know what I mean... :shock: :roll: :lol:

...can't wait to hear your report later....try to give important facts like % of time posted verses % of time doing jumping jacks, verses % of time in truck.... :D

Anthony :)

PS...I know I don't laugh at ya'll in da South...been there a few times, So. Carolina, Georgia, Tenn, and Kentucky....now know the real meaning of "southern hospitality"....only problem was no one knew what "brick oven" italian bread was?
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Monday morn when I went out is was -24C (-11F). Sat in my tree stand for 4 hours.........looking like the Michelin Man (if you've seen that commercial :) . Used my nose to sign into my iphone and check on email. Passed on two fork-horn whiteys.......leaving for the stand again right now.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ehntr wrote:Monday morn when I went out is was -24C (-11F). Sat in my tree stand for 4 hours.........looking like the Michelin Man (if you've seen that commercial :) . Used my nose to sign into my iphone and check on email. Passed on two fork-horn whiteys.......leaving for the stand again right now.

Good luck ehntr...I thought I was the only one who looked like the Michelin Man when I dress in the winter for hunting? :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

??????? Anthony???? What is brick oven Italian bread... Is it like corn bread? (SMILE).... Good luck out there. It sure is cold....36 degrees down here....................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

bubba wrote:??????? Anthony???? What is brick oven Italian bread... Is it like corn bread? (SMILE).... Good luck out there. It sure is cold....36 degrees down here....................

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have not lived until you have eaten "hot, out of the oven brick oven Italian bread..." ....and NO its not like corn bread.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Post by strum »

amythntr wrote:
bubba wrote:??????? Anthony???? What is brick oven Italian bread... Is it like corn bread? (SMILE).... Good luck out there. It sure is cold....36 degrees down here....................

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have not lived until you have eaten "hot, out of the oven brick oven Italian bread..." ....and NO its not like corn bread.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

so...you don't put gravy on it :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
strum

Post by strum »

im back home after an almost 4 hour sit,,,nothing moved,,,not even a squirrel.
oh well it was a beautiful morn..and I thank the Lord I can do it.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

strum wrote:im back home after an almost 4 hour sit,,,nothing moved,,,not even a squirrel.
oh well it was a beautiful morn..and I thank the Lord I can do it.

Amen!

Well there is always afternoon!....NO, NO, NO,! No Gravy! :shock: :shock: :shock: Prosciutto and fresh homemade mozzarella with roasted peppers....a nice glass (or 2, or 3) of homemade Italian wine....and soon it will take you all day sober to Sunday up! :shock: :lol:

If you came up north...my treat....and what in the Good Lord's name are Grits!....to me that's a grading of sandpaper? :? :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

yeah, no movement this morning in my 20 degree NoVA hunting ground.....nor yesterday's 25. I am hoping for a return visit from the 6 pointer that I saw on Sunday but who wouldn't give me a good shot.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Peacemaker wrote:yeah, no movement this morning in my 20 degree NoVA hunting ground.....nor yesterday's 25. I am hoping for a return visit from the 6 pointer that I saw on Sunday but who wouldn't give me a good shot.

...wishing you the best Peacemaker...it's people like you who put the time in who succeed!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Sorry guys. I'm headed to the lease. Supposed to be low seventies this weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Go to where? I heard that. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Mister B wrote:Sorry guys. I'm headed to the lease. Supposed to be low seventies this weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Go to where? I heard that. Cheers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings