Best target excal bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

brenden270

Best target excal bow?

Post by brenden270 »

Well guys I have had my very first excalibur for six days and I already want another one. I bought a micro 335 and put a Nikon Bolt XR on it. This bow is purely for hunting the mountains here in B.C. The Micro is absolutely amazing and I'm in love with it but I already want a lower poundage bow that I can shoot without a scope. The 3D tournaments around here allow x-bows but no scopes. I'm not overly concerned about speed, I just want an accurate, economical, easy to draw bow that will be a great second bow for yard shooting and for when the wife is shooting my micro!
opinions?
mr meat

Re: Best target excal bow?

Post by mr meat »

Swamp Donky wrote:Vixen II or E/M 310... :wink:
X2!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

How about an Ibex, Axiom or Phoenix. All have 175 pound draw weight about 300 fps. I prefer the regular stock to the thumbhole stock for target shooting.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I shoot a bit of 3D with my old style brown Vixen.

The game is accurate ramge estimation and although a faster bow is more forgiving at the longer distances I usually do OK. 8)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
cdwester

Post by cdwester »

310 all the way
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

brenden270 wrote:Well guys I have had my very first excalibur for six days and I already want another one. I bought a micro 335 and put a Nikon Bolt XR on it. This bow is purely for hunting the mountains here in B.C. The Micro is absolutely amazing and I'm in love with it but I already want a lower poundage bow that I can shoot without a scope. The 3D tournaments around here allow x-bows but no scopes. I'm not overly concerned about speed, I just want an accurate, economical, easy to draw bow that will be a great second bow for yard shooting and for when the wife is shooting my micro!
opinions?
Where abouts in B.C. are you located? I shoot my M380 at all the local shoots on the coast, with my scope, except the Burnaby flat field. Burnaby municipality has a bylaw banning the use of all crossbows. Anyway, I believe all the excals will be equally accurate, just faster or slower. It's whatever you like best.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.