New Fan of Nu-Fletch Ignitors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: New Fan of Nu-Fletch Ignitors

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Good to know . . .thanks for the review and info!
ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:
amythntr wrote:....Paul...not following your thread...you make NO mention of Ignitors although I think you are referring to them....

Anthony :)
Sorry, I was unclear. I'm not sure what arrow setup you're shooting but you mentioned your new nocks weigh 39gr. That's about ten grains heavier than the Luminoks and I noticed a big difference in poi and accuracy with them, especially with broadheads....come to think of it, this is all I needed to mention. :mrgreen:

...and that's what i thought you were saying...thanks Paul...unfortunately i have limited time and ability right now to do detailed tests...I know one thing my shots will not exceed 50 yds and I would sight in for what ever was on the menu....lumenoks or ignitors!...thanks

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

After all these great reviews here and another site i just ordered a 3 pack of flat green. Can'twait to try them out.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Talltines wrote:After all these great reviews here and another site i just ordered a 3 pack of flat green. Can'twait to try them out.

Brian
...I think you will be happy with them Brian...definitely use the "grocery bag" method so that you could remove them if you are not happy....I just wish they weren't 11 grains heavier than the Lumenoks but will just have to try and compensate with insert and BH...If accuracy out to 50 yds suffers I will go back to Lumenoks....but right now I am thrilled with the "ignitors"...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

My question for those who shoot the Ignitors is this; Boo has done and extensive testing of the Excalibur Quills (.3015 ID) and have found them to fly exceptionally well...Ignitors only come in .300...what would you do?

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:My question for those who shoot the Ignitors is this; Boo has done and extensive testing of the Excalibur Quills (.3015 ID) and have found them to fly exceptionally well...Ignitors only come in .300...what would you do?

Try a double or triple bag trick?
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:My question for those who shoot the Ignitors is this; Boo has done and extensive testing of the Excalibur Quills (.3015 ID) and have found them to fly exceptionally well...Ignitors only come in .300...what would you do?

Try a double or triple bag trick?
I thought that would be the answer!...thanks

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
dewy

Post by dewy »

I just pulled the nocks out of the stock micro quills and reinstalled the Ignitors into them from my BEE's. It only took one wrap of "grocery bag" to make them snug and feel right at home.
Micro 335
15" BEE's
125gr Shwackers
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

What about dental floss ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

amythntr wrote:
Talltines wrote:After all these great reviews here and another site i just ordered a 3 pack of flat green. Can'twait to try them out.

Brian
...I think you will be happy with them Brian...definitely use the "grocery bag" method so that you could remove them if you are not happy....I just wish they weren't 11 grains heavier than the Lumenoks but will just have to try and compensate with insert and BH...If accuracy out to 50 yds suffers I will go back to Lumenoks....but right now I am thrilled with the "ignitors"...

I plan on using the plastic bag trick. Looking forward to giving these a try.

When I shot the luminoc with my zombie slayers they shot pretty far off a plain nock at 40 yards so hope these are a bit better.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Good review, may just have to check those out.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Talltines wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Brian

I plan on using the plastic bag trick. Looking forward to giving these a try.

When I shot the luminoc with my zombie slayers they shot pretty far off a plain nock at 40 yards so hope these are a bit better.

Brian

Brian:

Remember that you are dealing with different weights on the tail end; from plastic, to aluminum, to the lumenoks (28g) to the Ignitors (39g)...I would believe that each of these would require adjustments...The question is do they fly consistent and are YOU happy with the result.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Swamp Donky wrote:The BCL's might work better for ya on those Quills, Antony :?:

..."say it isn't so Gus!" :?

...Well as i have said, I am equally pleased with both the Ignitors and the Lumenoks....so it isn't a major catastrophe...I will try to get them to work however :D !

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

been reading about theses nocks . were are you folks getting them from? :? thanks in advance. W.M.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

WM...Here is the link for the BEE and the ZS:

http://www.nufletch.com/#!online-store/ ... d=38379031

Good luck....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings