micro arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Re: micro arrows

Post by Mister B »

just finished shooting Mini-Pearl (my nightmare) with BEE 17", Rage Extremes 100gr, 110 gr brass inserts with a 20 gr addon GT wt= 130gr insert, Lumenock, and three 3inch Duravanes fletched straight, total arrow wt 434. Arrow speed was 313, (94.4 ft pounds of ke). This sounds a little heavy on the arrow and a little slow compared to what everyone else is getting, but guys, this thing is more accurate than anything I have ever shot with fletching on it. I'm talking "X" rings on every shot, freehanded out to 25 yards. And I am no stranger to the X ring, I shot vertical bows in NFAA tournaments for many many years. This little crossbow is the sweetest shooting bow I have ever held. My broadhead may stick out an inch but I don't care. 94.4 foot pounds of energy with that accuracy......AWSOME..... Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes

Post by newbie »

I agree Mister ive never had an easier time with a bow. Each broadhead shot way different not so with this set up.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

94.4 KE= Dead Deer!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

I've read about "John" building great arrows for people. Anyone have them from him and what's his username do I can all him about prices.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

John will most likely be back in business sometime in the new year! Keep a eye on the trading post! He will post when he,s back!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
dewy

Post by dewy »

Shot my first doe with the micro last night. 30 yard shot at twilight which all but took off the top of her heart. The 15" arrow worked just fine..... Or shall I say I didn't hear her complain about it.
Micro 335
15" BEE's
125gr Shwackers
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

dewy wrote:..... Or shall I say I didn't hear her complain about it.
Nice!!!!

Congrats..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vt95

Post by vt95 »

New to the forum. Wanted to say thanks everyone for posting good information. Deff helped me make a confident decision to buy the Micro. Stepped up from a quad 400 and the difference is night and day.

Anyways I kept the quills and put on the Boltcutter BAT very accurate combination. I love matching the fetching with the blades it just eliminates another variable that can affect things. I am a mechanical engineer and simplicity is the mark of a good design and Excalibur hits that mark.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vt95 wrote:New to the forum. Wanted to say thanks everyone for posting good information. Deff helped me make a confident decision to buy the Micro. Stepped up from a quad 400 and the difference is night and day.

Anyways I kept the quills and put on the Boltcutter BAT very accurate combination. I love matching the fetching with the blades it just eliminates another variable that can affect things. I am a mechanical engineer and simplicity is the mark of a good design and Excalibur hits that mark.
Well Welcome aboard vt95....so you are one of those guys that light up when you have to read one of those 150 page instruction manuals :lol: :lol: :lol: !

....very nice having you as part of the Excalibur family....Grab a chair and mosey up close to the fire and listen to one of these fine professors teach away.... to switch around what my grandfather used to say, "they have forgotten what I haven't learned yet!"

...did the exact same thing as you did...stepped up from the Quad 400 to the M380 and now the Micro 335...love em both...I think I am gonna play around with simplicity on the Micro with the Quills; not sure of BH yet...I do like the "lighthouse" at the tail end and am leaning toward the Nu-Fletch Ignitors...

All the best,

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings