New member and new Excal owner...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: New member and new Excal owner...

Post by paulaboutform »

Hey Josh, welcome to the forum. :D You'll love your new bow. The stock arrows and bolt cutters will get you started and certainly perform solidly. If and when you're ready there are other options out there that will yield better results and even tighter groups as your range is extended. The suggestion I'd like to make is to get a stringing aid. You'll need this to make any adjustments to your brace height (string length) as your string settles and stretches. Danny Miller of Horizontal Archery is the best place to order stuff and don't hesitate with any questions, there's a wealth of knowledge here. Again,welcome. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new Excalibur!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

amythntr wrote:....Hi Josh....another has been dragged in to our web :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ....never, ever, ever....being able to leave again...before I purchased my Blackout 380....I was a normal, boring accountant...I did do some research on crossbows looking to upgrade from my Barnett Quad 400...

....I came across the Excalibur name...and laughed when I saw those funny looking bows...with only one string...none of those fancy cables that EVERYONE else had and like those that were found in most archery shops...that was NOT what I wanted....I wanted cool and how could a one string, recurve be cool or fast?....

...but I made the mistake of looking :shock: :shock: :shock:....that still, inner voice kept dragging me back to their web site....my mind said keep looking...I could not stop...I became addicted to learning about them...only to learn they "are" cool and fast...but more importantly; deadly accurate...

...as if it was done specifically for me to seal the deal....Excalibur brought out a totally new line called the MATRIX...shorter, faster, narrower, and just like the force that dragged me in; BLACKER...the "Blackout"....it called and screamed my name..."Anthony, Anthony :oops: :oops: :shock: ...I had to have one....than another, than another (thank The Lord I only have two boys)....

...the Dark side as it always seems... treated me well... the "Blackout" couldn't miss... it shot like it was possessed...6 for 6 including the boys....I was happy and done :D ...but NOOOOOOO :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: ...Excalibur was not done with me....

....I laughed at those with more than one Excalibur...Why have more than one?....they don't break...and live on into eternity....

....then the Voice started again....Excalibur again made another XB this time TRULY for me the Micro 335....I fought the dark side...I would not cave in, I would not...I am much stronger than that....I held out; but only for a couple of weeks....

....somehow as if in a dream a Micro335 arrived at my door along with other accessories....stop, stop, stop....I told the Voice..It quieted down...Phew, I am safe....OR SO I THOUGHT....

...That Dark Voice is alive again....My Blackout is rearing it's ugly head wanting a true duplicate of itself.....Help! Help! Help!....This can only mean welcome to my "Nightmare"....as I woke up at 3:35am in a cold sweat....

....it's no use fighting it!

....Welcome to the family...Hahahahahahahahhahaha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
Im so glad you joined us, your so funny!!!! And welcome josh, your going to love it and make sure you take plenty of pics!!! :lol: :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
MDM44

Post by MDM44 »

Congrats on making a great decision. Excalibur makes an excellent piece of equipment.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Welcome to the Excalibur Forum and congrats on your new bow . good luck with it . :)
W.M.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the bow!! Welcome to the forum!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
quake

Post by quake »

WOW, thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! I can already tell, this is a good group of people here. Anthony, I enjoyed reading your post! :D
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
Razor cut

Post by Razor cut »

Welcome to a great forum for information. I have the Matrix 355 it's a great xbow and lots of fun to shoot and hunt with. And yes am thinking of getting another xbow the micro 335 :lol: but will my wife go along with me buying a second xbow , I told her I needed a back up :wink:
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

It is useless to resist the call of the Micro!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ