Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Danny Miller Micro Strings

Post by amythntr »

Mo wannabe wrote:Yup .... That orange whooped a craving on me

....for the "twin" Nightmare or for the string? :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

I just got a set of black and grey flemish threads for my micro. Got delivered yesterday. I can't wait to put them on and get it shooting. I'm hearing fabulous things about them. While we are on topic, about how long does it take them to settle and stop stretching, and when would you say they are to the point that I can sight it in? Thanks.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

about how long does it take them to settle and stop stretching, and when would you say they are to the point that I can sight it in? Thanks.
I don't know on the new smaller Excals, but you can leave your bow cocked overnight a time or two to help it settle in....

You can shoot it right away, just keep an eye on your bheight.....

If you got more than one string, break them both in, and by using a paper clip to keep the twists in your off string the same. It will shoot to same poi when you switch it......

Enjoy!
"Eze 18:21"
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

awshucks wrote:
about how long does it take them to settle and stop stretching, and when would you say they are to the point that I can sight it in? Thanks.
I don't know on the new smaller Excals, but you can leave your bow cocked overnight a time or two to help it settle in....

You can shoot it right away, just keep an eye on your bheight.....

If you got more than one string, break them both in, and by using a paper clip to keep the twists in your off string the same. It will shoot to same poi when you switch it......

Enjoy!
ok cool thanks. I'm going to throw them on tonight after work and i'll leave it cocked tonight and then let it rest tomorrow while i'm at work again. Then do the same going into monday. I wont be able to shoot it until then anyway. Hopefully that'll be enough to settle it in.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

When I'm settling in a new string I'll generally set the brace height at a 1/2" above my finished brace height. ie. for a 3/4" bh i'll set t the new string at 1 1/4". I've found most strings initially stretch about 3/8"...generally. You'll always have to keep an eye on your brace height because even though the amount of stretch decreases dramatically I don't know that it actually stops. Maintaining a consistent brace height will allow for a more repeatable and accurate shot.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

Danny is great guy. Fast service, very knowledgeable. Has helped me out a few times sometimes at no cost to me. His strings are fast and well made. Can't go wrong with dealing with him. As far a string stretch goes, I keep my bow cocked all night then set my string 1/4" above my baby bumpers. Check my string before and after every shooting session. Eventually my flemish string will slow down to no creep.
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope