Matrix 355 or micro 335?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Northern Buck

Matrix 355 or micro 335?

Post by Northern Buck »

Hey guys.

I'm brand new to hunting and planning on starting up next season.
I have no experience with crossbows but archery is the way I want to go.
I'm just wondering as a beginner, looking for a bow to last me for my years of
Hunting to come, Which would work the best for me? Now and in the future. I'll be hunting everything from turkey to potentially moose. I'm looking forward to your feedback to help me choose my bow.
Normous

Re: Matrix 355 or micro 335?

Post by Normous »

Welcome to the forum, from my standpoint after 20+ years of Excalibur ownership I believe the Micro will do everything and then some in a small, lightweight, short and narrow platform that is also the quietest model yet, just my 2 cents.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X2! Plenty of power, light weight, and very compact.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Micro all the way!!

I had the Matrix355 and was a sweet bow and served me well. However the Micro has all the things I ever wanted in a crossbow and so far it's one tough machine and pinpoint accurate. I have about 100 shots in it so far and I am still impressed with it overall...

Try them before you buy one!!

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Northern Buck

Post by Northern Buck »

Thanks guys! I live in ontario and plan on buying it from the bass pro in Vaughn does anybody know if it's possible to order the 335 in?
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

Northern Buck wrote:Thanks guys! I live in ontario and plan on buying it from the bass pro in Vaughn does anybody know if it's possible to order the 335 in?
can I ask why you would want to buy it from bass pro .just wondering as I am looking for a micro as well .I find bass pro to be higher priced then the local shops ,thanks Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

if you wait until the Toronto sportsman show in march, you can find some good deals(no tax ) or wait until Sail or LeBaron do 15% off everything in store. Bass Pro discounts usually suck.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have found it to be very rare that Bass Pro Shops, or Cabelas ever beat some of the other sellers on price. I think Mainstreet, and Wyverns ship up North, and beat the pants off the big box stores. I would shop, and ask folks here that have already purchased them where they got the best deal.

Whatever you decide, good luck, and Happy Holidays.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

With the high exchange rate now it isn't worth the extra cost to purchase some items in the US and ship to CA.
Example $899.99 US = $1044.21 CDN. Then you have to pay the shipping.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

matric series are great, haven't seen the micro in person but I'm a speed junkie. More speed equals flatter trajectory
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
Northern Buck

Post by Northern Buck »

I plan on buying from bass pro because I asked for gift cards for Xmas to save a few bucks when I make the puchase
manitou1

Post by manitou1 »

Good thinking! That is how i financed some of my Matrix 380!
Can't beat gift cards... then you can buy yourself something you really want. :-)
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

It seems you are sold on the Micro, thats great! Just make sure you handle and shoot the Matrix line of crossbows along with the Micro. They are all going to be accurate, thats a given. But when it comes to power and speed Excalibur has other choices that you should consider. Good luck with your new Excalibur!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I like speed also. It helps with flatter trajectory and better penetration with regarding moose. I have the Matrix 405 and i love it. Accuracy is scary good. Just try before you buy if possible. I think the matrix is an awesome size bow. Performance is great with lots of choices for you to ponder.

Best of luck

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have extensively equipped M380 & M405. Incredible accuracy, ease of handling, etc. Though I can cock the 405 with the rope, I use the C-2 for back preservation. I'm also setting up a Mini for a friend's wife(Christmas from husband to wife). My take: all 3 are class acts. If I knew all possible shots were 60 yds or less, I'd choose the Mini. However, where I hunt, the shots could be longer, or even with shorter shots, could have minimal time for accurate ranging, so I prefer the 405. The Mini seems slightly better balanced but seems as heavy as the larger Matrix series. I'm surprised at just how heavy it feels. It is quieter, possibly due to the arrow hold down spring that doesn't slap the riser after arrow launch. The Mini can be used in more confined places. This is my take.