Matrix 355 it is!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Northern Buck

Matrix 355 it is!

Post by Northern Buck »

Made my decision today and I'm going to bass pro to buy a 355. I'm to impatient to wait for the micro. Just wondering if there is any accessories I should consider purchasing with the bow? I'm going to buy the R.E.D.S but if there is any suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks guys
way123hockey

Re: Matrix 355 it is!

Post by way123hockey »

A stringing aid is required to adjust your string brace height.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
Boo

Post by Boo »

Get some Black Eagle arrows, stringing aid, arrow pullers and a couple of Flemish strings from Danny Miller.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Boo wrote:Get some Black Eagle arrows, stringing aid, arrow pullers and a couple of Flemish strings from Danny Miller.
X2 !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If you are new to crossbows, the 355 does not have an anti dry fire device. It is not a question of if, but when. We all do it once, part of learning I guess. All the other stuff mentioned is good to have, but the stringing tool is a must! Read all you can, watch the included video, and make sure you know all you NEED to know to be safe, and not injure yourself, or that great crossbow!
Congrats, and good luck. This is the best place to go for answers about anything that might come up too, remember, no question is considered dumb here! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Northern Buck

Post by Northern Buck »

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and advice!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Good luck with your Matrix..
String wax and rail lube.. Maybe a case if needed..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Lots of good advice here. Great advice on the ADF xcaliber. It is a must have, it should come with one but it does not. A cheek piece is another add on that should come with the bow but does not. A good target is also a must have. Many use a bag target. I prefer Rhinehart targets, the 18 and 1 and the Brute targets can take a pounding by a crossbow. Make sure you use a good arrow lube. I also shoot my crossbows with a Tactical grip instead of holding the crossbow the conventional way. Try it, you may like it. Plus, just keep reading the posts on the forum, a lot of information can be gained to help you customize your new crossbow. Good luck Northern Buck! Your going to love that 355.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Northern Buck

Post by Northern Buck »

What wax and lube should I purchase? And thanks NEPAbowhunter!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Regular string wax is fine, you don't need rail lube. You can buy a Flemish string from Xcalibur, Boo, Vixenmaster or 8pt in the classifieds forum.There a must have IMO. Buy some 20" Black eagle executioners from www.wyverncreations.com w flat nock.
I shoot Rocket hammerheads 3 blade 2" cut heads that devastate any deer they encounter, I buy from www.broadheadquarters.com
For fixed I shoot slick trick 4 blade magnums. Don't for get to watch your brace height, your string will stretch.
If your rail gets dirty just spray some wd-40 and wipe it off (per Dan Miller)! Dan Miller is the Man when it comes to any questions or problems w your bow. His number is 740-483-2312
Good luck on a great choice of bow.
wyverncreations will save you money over bass pro, no tax, free shipping!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Always

Post by Always »

Northern Hunter
Depending where you live in Ontario ( you should post your location ) I bought my M355 at a store called the Bow Shop in Waterloo they are also an Excalibur Dealer and have a good supply of Excalibur accessorys
Here is a link
Tom

http://www.bow-shop.com/secure/store/in ... contact_us
Always Late
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Welcome to the 355 bunch .nice bow, lots of good advice for you. adf for sure. have fun with your new bow :)
W.M.
Northern Buck

Post by Northern Buck »

I had already purchased 20" zombie slayers any suggestions on length, inserts and broadheads? I just want to make sure I get the total amount of grains right. Zombie slayers are 9.1 per inch I believe
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Northern Buck wrote:I had already purchased 20" zombie slayers any suggestions on length, inserts and broadheads? I just want to make sure I get the total amount of grains right. Zombie slayers are 9.1 per inch I believe

depending on your broadhead choice, the 20" shafts might stick out past the stirrup. I tried 20's the first year but was the first thing I changed when season was over and went to the 18". just a personal preference thing. as far as accuracy the 20's versus the 18's I did not see any difference worth mentioning. I have shot 110, 90 and 80 grain inserts in the 18" and 110 in the 20's and they all shot great for me. all those were with executioner's. zombies are next !
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
crp

Post by crp »

I cut my BEE's to 17" with 110 gr. insert, lumenoks, blazers, and 100 gr. Shuttle T's. 1 jagged hole groups at 35 yards with my 355.
Matrix 355, Leupold VX 2 1x4, 17" BEE's, Shuttle T Broadheads