question about my exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

greentag

question about my exomax

Post by greentag »

my db pad are wore out,i have replaced them in the past and whenever i do,i always had danny to send me new little rubber pieces that go between the the bar and the limbs and replace those while i am at because those are usually worse than the pads(they get squashed out and flat),the little rubber pads i have under the bars right now are actually missing part of it were it has flattened out and tore.i feel that the reason it is like this is likely that the last time i changed these i tightened the screws (wich has a small plate and rubber under it) down too hard,my question is how tight should you tighten these? once you get them snug the rubbers already start squashing out,plus i think you definatly need both sides the same,and the only way i have found to do that is to count the threads on the screw that is exposed and match each side. i know alot of you will say to just take them off,but i prefer to leave them on because the first time i replaced the pads years ago when i put a put some super glue on the little rubbers(not the pads) as danny miller had told me to do,i accadently got a little glue on the db pad that i didnt see,this ripped a small piece of camo off my limbs,but you cannot see it with the db pads,so for that reason i keep them on and replace the pads as needed,but i have never actually knew when good is good enough when it comes to tighten these screws i was talking about down,if anyone has a simple answer i'd love to hear it..
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
Waif

Re: question about my exomax

Post by Waif »

Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

How often do you find that you have to replace the pads? In all the time that I've owned the DB bows ive never had to change mine. I have found that the gasket type material they use in certain places does distort but that's the nature of the beast and not necessarily a reason to change it IMHO. If yours are torn or Mia then you may very well be over-tightening them but I'm not aware of a torque spec for them. I'm guessing danny miller would be the man to ask
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

I used a vernier caliper to measure the gap between the bar and the riser on my Exomax as suggested in the attached thread and get a measurement of between .870" and .875". These db pads were installed when I purchased the Exomax "used" so I am not sure if this is the optimal distance but it has been fine for me so far.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

greentag, where are you from? I have a brand new set, arms, etc. I don't have the the bolts, but you do!! I don't need these for either model i currently have, and I would be happy to ship them your way. PM me, and they are gone!!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
greentag

Post by greentag »

ive replaced them twice in the 9 years ive had it,the first time i had unstung it for the winter and didnt take the pads off,i didnt have internet back then and didnt know i was supose to take them off,the weight on them cracked them and they were useless,the other time which was many shots and years later i mainle replaced them because of the gasket like material was deterated similiar to now. im gonna ask danny but i figured i would wait til he is open monday and not bother him on sunday,i figured i would ask you guys and see if anyone knew first.i never unstring my bow anymore as i usually shoot it at least a little every week and i dont think leaving it strung hurts,i was just new to it back then on the first set and thought i had to do it if i left it set for a long time.thanks dan, i appreciate it,il send you a pm and hopfully danny will know the answer monday!!
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
100 grain 2" Swackers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jeff, these are heading your way. Call Danny Miller, there might be something going on to cause premature failure. Here are a few questions that came up in my mind:
Are you taking the string off in the winter, and letting the limbs rest on the pads?
Do you have the brace set too low?

Just asking, hope to get you ready for them turkeys! :wink:

Take care,
Dan
greentag

Post by greentag »

xcaliber wrote:Jeff, these are heading your way. Call Danny Miller, there might be something going on to cause premature failure. Here are a few questions that came up in my mind:
Are you taking the string off in the winter, and letting the limbs rest on the pads?
Do you have the brace set too low?

Just asking, hope to get you ready for them turkeys! :wink:

Take care,
Dan
thanks a bunch dan,the first set the first year i had it i did unstring it and leave them on,thats what happened to the first set.i shoot a 1 inch brace height,and really keep an eye on that,i keep it dead center of the 2 marks on the rail.i did talk to danny today,he calls those little rubber pieces under the bars chicklets,he said that its really common for those to go if you shoot alot,he said its like all other types of rubber,its just the nature of it.he compared it to a car,said you have to keep the oil changed and do a little maintenance now and then.i really appreciate you sending those,danny's supose to send some too,i got a feeling ill be using both of them :D while i was at it today i also got him to send me a dozen executioners.thanks again for helping a feller out!
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
100 grain 2" Swackers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Glad you could use them.