more micro models next year

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

greentag

Re: more micro models next year

Post by greentag »

i think in 2016 they may come out with one more stouter one,and then several lighter poundage ones. that is the way they did the matrix,first the 380,got alot of people to buy it even though they had the 405 probably done already but didnt release it until the surge of buying 380's slowed down,plus then they had the 355,330,310 i think the micro will be similer.first 335,then maybe a 365 or something,then start a whole prduct line based on the smallness of the micro...either way i cant wait,soon as i get the money or tax time which ever one comes first i gotta get me a micro :D
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
strum

Post by strum »

greentag wrote:i think in 2016 they may come out with one more stouter one,and then several lighter poundage ones. that is the way they did the matrix,first the 380,got alot of people to buy it even though they had the 405 probably done already but didnt release it until the surge of buying 380's slowed down,plus then they had the 355,330,310 i think the micro will be similer.first 335,then maybe a 365 or something,then start a whole prduct line based on the smallness of the micro...either way i cant wait,soon as i get the money or tax time which ever one comes first i gotta get me a micro :D
you could be right but the current micro is about all I care to cock ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
greentag

Post by greentag »

yeah,may even do like the lynx,and the mad max and come out with a limited edition as well.if you get on the bowtech page,they own a company that does kolorfusion,something with a pic of a frog,anyway i got on there and they have lots of different camo colors,that is were this mad max is from,they have it and show some products covered in it and a lot more colors.they may use one of those that we are not accustomed to.
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
100 grain 2" Swackers
vodek

Post by vodek »

I would like to see first skeleton stocks on 355 and 380. Make them shorter like 33 inch. Limbs bring down to at least 28 inches from 30 inch width.
The rest I would leave it as is.
Recurve limbs are much harder to improve.
Last edited by vodek on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

Good point greentag, I was about to ask about that.

Did they release the Exo and Matrix series over two years? Because if the 335 were considered a 2015 release then it would make sence for more models in 2016?

Im not sure if i have any logic
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I for one would love to see a faster then the current micro. Something to take the place of my 380. Perhaps not quite those speeds, but more then whats available now. Until then I like the fps that 380 puts out. The 380 isn't too bad on targets and a flater trajectory is what I'm after

I was hunting in a climber with my Y25 and I have clearly been spoiled with the matrix size. It caught me by surprise because I never figured the width and length would bother me as much as it did
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
greentag

Post by greentag »

seems like they introduce them in the winter,so this is what we have for 2016,then the following winter release more,those being for the upcoming year,i found the box from when i ordered my exomax from danny miller while ago,it was a plain white box except it had a label on one end,had a little blue canadian leaf and says excaliber model#2225 H. what i find odd is that it has a little small sticker stuck in the corner of this label that says 355 FPS,although all ive ever heard them concidered is 350.i dont have a chrono but i have that varizone maxed all the way out at 350 and it is dead on,ever cheveron,and thats shooting a black eagle thats heaver than the 350 grain min.i had wrote the date and the price on the inside of the lid of this box,i gave$824.50 for everything i received,which was scope,set up,rope cocker,wax,stringer,and a half dozen gold tip arrows,pretty much everything you could have got for it back then,i just had heard of the exomax,though they could have been out for awhile i dont know,but the date i wrote on the box was11-04-05,so if they had just came out,that would have put it in the winter of that year..but im thinking they may of been out for awhile.i also got a free excaliber hat back then thats been wore out for awhile now.
so forward 9 years and the one i want is only about 75.00 more,thats not to shabby i guess concidering these things last forever,i could keep shooting the exo right on,but that micro is just oh so sexy me gotta have it,im sure ill still break out the exo and hunt with it some too though.(if the micros string is wore out,and i have one on order) :wink: i bet the micro box sure will be alot smaller than this one,its in about a 40 inch box
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
100 grain 2" Swackers
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

Sorry i live on the other side of the world so im guessing its winter now and what they are announcing will be brought out in early 2015.

Then 2015 winter (end of year?) They will introduce models for 2016.
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

And yes an odd story there
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

vodek wrote:Make the stock shorter like 33 inch. Limbs bring down to 28 inches from 30 inch width.
The rest I would leave it as is.
Recurve limbs are much harder to improve.

Bingo. This is what i would love to see. Get speeds up to 375 fps and i am in.
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Bones

Post by Bones »

An excal compound branded bowtech??