One Tuff 10 pointer………The Glen Del Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Patriot*

One Tuff 10 pointer………The Glen Del Buck

Post by Patriot* »

Since our season has come to a close here in Western NC, no more camo clothing hanging all over the house, :( and all but one deer (still being processed) in the freezer. My wife and I knew that storing our crossbows just is not an option. Infact not even a thought that crossed either of our minds. To my surprise while we were in the process of purchasing a new ladder stand, my wife saw a Glen Del buck and said I want one of those and I am buying that! I was like oh yes! great choice!!
We asked the sales guy if he had anymore left in the back and he said no that they were sold out. I felt a deep disappointment and knew my wife was bummed out at the clerks reply. So we bought a 20' ladder stand and left the store now on a mission, find and buy a 3d buck. I knew we had to find the 3d buck and we were now on a mission and locked in on the hunt. I called Eric Hester a member on here who kindly reminded me of a local hunting store that had plenty of Glen Del bucks prior to Christmas. I called the store and fortunately they had one Glen Del buck left. I quickly told the guy on the phone we were on our way and to please set the buck aside. It all worked out and we "bagged a Glen Del buck"…our only buck this season. :lol: :lol:

Lots of practice will continue all throughout the off season until we hunt the elusive Carolina white tail again in 2015. I may add a 3d coyote, hog and turkey as I hope to hunt all three in the near future. We hope to get together with our Excalibur crossbow hunting friends and just enjoy lots of target practice here in the beautiful foothills of Western NC.

http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/TOONS ... 4.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Kathy taking a shot with her Axiom 305….I better get busy practicing..she may be taking the first 8-10 pointer next season. :shock:
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/TOONS ... e.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

Here she is giving the 335 m/nightmare a run. I am proud of her determination to make every shot better than the last and to make the shots count. :shock:

http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/TOONS ... c.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
Last edited by Patriot* on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
xcaliber

Re: One Tuff 10 pointer………The Glen Del Buck

Post by xcaliber »

I take the legs off, and put a 18-1 behind it to hold it up, I have had mine for 6 years, and when the apprentice gets a chance, he shoots the crap out of it with broadheads. I go through one insert a year, and Sheels offers free shipping in the spring. Dicks Sporting Goods will be my second choice if you get their coupons. It makes a good decoy too! If you have an area with a wide field, that baby will bring in a buck pre-rut, a day or two before the does become receptive, get it all stinkied up, and hold on to your crossbow! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Congratulations on your ten pointer. That's a mighty fine looking buck. :D
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

xcaliber wrote:I take the legs off, and put a 18-1 behind it to hold it up, I have had mine for 6 years, and when the apprentice gets a chance, he shoots the crap out of it with broadheads. I go through one insert a year, and Sheels offers free shipping in the spring. Dicks Sporting Goods will be my second choice if you get their coupons. It makes a good decoy too! If you have an area with a wide field, that baby will bring in a buck pre-rut, a day or two before the does become receptive, get it all stinkied up, and hold on to your crossbow! :lol:
:lol: excellent sir! :lol: great minds think alike, I have not ruled out the decoy idea. I will be giving it a try. I do bring it and store it after shooting to hopefully extend the life of it. We are looking forward to lots of practice. Thanks for the pointers on the discounts. I got a pretty decent discount at my local GS when I bought the last buck they had. Oh I can't remove the legs, I have a friend who I have convinced that it will take off if I miss the shot :lol:
Last edited by Patriot* on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think it was Oppie here on the forum that had his "Violated" at his little private shooting range right before the rut went full on! It was tore up! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

xcaliber wrote:I think it was Oppie here on the forum that had his "Violated" at his little private shooting range right before the rut went full on! It was tore up! :lol:
Hey xcaliber those are important details to know brother… :lol: :lol: now that would be a sight on a game camera eh? :lol:
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Heres to y'all on the practice n next yrs deer season
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

vixenmaster wrote:Heres to y'all on the practice n next yrs deer season
Thanks Vixenmaster! Gotta practice, practice, practice.
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Patriot wrote:
xcaliber wrote:I take the legs off, and put a 18-1 behind it to hold it up, I have had mine for 6 years, and when the apprentice gets a chance, he shoots the crap out of it with broadheads. I go through one insert a year, and Sheels offers free shipping in the spring. Dicks Sporting Goods will be my second choice if you get their coupons. It makes a good decoy too! If you have an area with a wide field, that baby will bring in a buck pre-rut, a day or two before the does become receptive, get it all stinkied up, and hold on to your crossbow! :lol:
:lol: excellent sir! :lol: great minds think alike, I have not ruled out the decoy idea. I will be giving it a try. I do bring it and store it after shooting to hopefully extend the life of it. We are looking forward to lots of practice. Thanks for the pointers on the discounts. I got a pretty decent discount at my local GS when I bought the last buck they had. Oh I can't remove the legs, I have a friend who I have convinced that it will take off if I miss the shot :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Your welcome on the buck, the company I work for provides the material for Field Logic to make the Glen Del Buck. Years ago we had filtration issues and scrapped some pounds of less than good filtered material. Good for me, got permission to make my own targets 5"x4'x4'. Made 10 gave a few away, nice material enjoy!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Dan, that's some good pics Christy and I can't wait to help y'all break it in.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

Hester0305 wrote:Dan, that's some good pics Christy and I can't wait to help y'all break it in.
Eric, we look forward to shooting with you and Christy soon. Thank you again for all of your help getting Kathy and I off to a great start with our bows. Much to learn.

Dave
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Nice buck there for sure. I have been wanting one for a while but here in NJ i have no room in my backyard. Too many houses around.

But your neck of the woods is one of the places my wife and i are looking to move to.
it's got to be beautiful out there. Over the next few years we are going to be checking out a few different places from north and south carolina to Fl. We lived in South West FL for 4 years and we loved it. We just have to get out of NJ in the next few years.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time