New Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowhunter10

New Target

Post by xbowhunter10 »

My homemade target that I've had for years is finally worn out so I'm wondering what is a good bag type target . I already have a Glendel buck that I use for broadheads so the new one will just be for field point use . Easy arrow removal is nice as well as being durable . Thanks
turkeylips

Re: New Target

Post by turkeylips »

I don t know if your interested but i use a bulldog target it has very easy arrow removal and i put over 2500 shoots in it before i repaired it plus i sent to bulldog for a new face and they sent it to me for no charge other than 12 dollars shipping irealy like it
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

If you're interested in putting in the time and effort to stuff it with cut up strips of clothing, the Rag Bag Target is probably the best I've used. I also have a Spyderweb Target which is amazing but will be harder on arrows and is very expensive.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

best i have used is a spyderweb. easy arrow removal.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Ragbag and a Rinehart Rhino block, both easy arrow removal, actually ragbag is super easy.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm going to stuff my own for the first time. I'm curious to try it just for field points. I shopped for another item at Third Hand Archery, and found they also have the outer portion to stuff. Check them out!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Post by bubba »

I have a morel yellow jacket bag, that has caught 100rds and 100rds of arrows from a Ibex to a 380 matrix... I just keep turning it around and up and down, and is holding up great... I also use those stick on orange circles that come in packs of a bunch from 3" to 2" and 1" so I can adjust where the impact area is.That way I use the whole bag and not just wear out the bulls eyes on the bag......Dicks 39.00 American dollars...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

xcaliber wrote:I'm going to stuff my own for the first time. I'm curious to try it just for field points. I shopped for another item at Third Hand Archery, and found they also have the outer portion to stuff. Check them out!
What do you mean 'the outer portion to stuff?' Are they selling pre cut strips of fabric? If you're stuffing it yourself make sure to remove any zippers and buttons. Also make sure to cut all fabric into 1", 2 ", 3" strips rather than stuffing whole garments into the bag. If you don't do strips the arrow can twist and grab the garments and be super tough to get out. Strips of fabric = easy peasy removal....and you can blast away at that thing all day even with a 405 from five feet away and not go through.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....in addition to my 18 n1 and a couple of other targets I purchased the "Third Hand Bag Target"....very cheap...the only thing is you have to fill it with rage and old clothes...can be hung or kept right on the ground...Only for FP's but makes for extremely easy "arra" removal and and is good for a heck of a lot of shots....

..here is the link if you are interested:

http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=9

Good luck with your search!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I didn't cut mine into strips, just removed buttons and zippers like you said and layered the cloths in the bag and it works fine, just a bit heavy to haul around.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bullzeye wrote:I didn't cut mine into strips, just removed buttons and zippers like you said and layered the cloths in the bag and it works fine, just a bit heavy to haul around.
...yes it is......hence the name third hand...you need three hands for set up!

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »