Thinking of selling my Relayer 25...asking price?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Northerner

Thinking of selling my Relayer 25...asking price?

Post by Northerner »

I am snake bit by the new micro and thinking of selling my Relayer 25. For those of you in Ontario can you give me an idea what I should ask for it pls. Or those that have a good understanding of the Canadian market.

I have someone interested and would want to give a fair price, but I'm also a little on the fence if I should keep it for it's value, I just don't see myself keeping 2 bows.

#349/1000
Quiver and top mount bracket (before the munch bracket?)
Brand new Varizone scope (BNIB)
various bolts
the elf

Re: Thinking of selling my Relayer 25...asking price?

Post by the elf »

you have a P.M.
the elf

Post by the elf »

another pm.
Northerner

Post by Northerner »

Anyone? Ballpark?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm in the same boat as you. It's a tough spot to be because most consider them collectors bows and not hunting bows. If I were to list mine it would be with all acc's and I'd post it for roughly 650

But mine differs from yours no doubt in a few different aspects. Ie: mine a replacement stock. Black limbs. There's a bunch of different variables. But the hard truth is that they have not climbed in value like some have hoped.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The value has actually dropped because of the Matrix n Micro models. I can't get an even break pt on sellin a Matrix to purchase the Micro. Lose $150 from jump street on the Matrix models they are already has beens! :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

S D yer right on that. I am keepin both of mine & they both shoot faster than the Micro 335 :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
greentag

Post by greentag »

i got a big one and am wanting a micro,all this price dropping has not even made me think of selling mine.i will soon just have two,besides i still love my big one,and im sure ill still shoot it some,ill just have a small one to hunt with :wink: as for a price,i have no idea,these smaller ones for 869.00 will make it tough on anyone wanting to get what they deserve for their bigger ones.while it aught to be that the relayer,and down the road the limited run lynx,and mad max be worth a little more,i just dont think they will with the introduction of the micros.people with big ones needed to sell those before 2012 and now people wanting to sell the matrix's should have sold those before october of 2014 to get top dollar(just my opion)thats why ill just keep mine...
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

If you are upgrading; sell the old one for what you can get for it.

I'm old and it has taken me a long time to learn - if you don't get rid of stuff when you get new and better stuff - you will just have more and more stuff.
Eventually you will have a lot of stuff that is worth a lot less. Basically clutter. If you are upgrading, get whatever money you can get right now for it and enjoy using that money.

Many will disagree with that philosophy, that's o.k.; it took me a long time and a lot of stuff building up around me to figure it out.

I'm not so sentimental about things any more as much as I am about people and experiences.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Another reason to keep your big ones....
Was looking at hunting regs in different western states (US) and many allow crossbows during rifle season BUT they have to have a draw length of 14" minimum. The Micro doesn't meet that requirement even though it would not be a problem for it to take down an elk.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
TPM

Post by TPM »

If you are upgrading; sell the old one for what you can get for it.

I'm old and it has taken me a long time to learn - if you don't get rid of stuff when you get new and better stuff - you will just have more and more stuff.
Eventually you will have a lot of stuff that is worth a lot less. Basically clutter. If you are upgrading, get whatever money you can get right now for it and enjoy using that money.
That about sums it up. Wise words. Traditionally Excals have held their value well and to an extent they still do. For years there was very little change to the basic bow and they don't really wear out so in all practicality you weren't a whole lot worse off buying a five year old Exocet over a new one if it was taken care of. Times have changed. Excal is bringing out new designs one after another and consumers naturally gravitate towards the latest and greatest. This drives the value of the older models down. They're not any less of a bow but it does force a "buyers market" over a "sellers market" in terms of price. Painful for those who want to sell older models to finance newer ones but that's the way it is. You have to decide whether you want to hold on to it and hope the prices don't go down further (I think they will) or sell it and take your losses. I doubt there will ever be a lot of collector value in older bows. Most people who collect older bows do so because they can pick them up cheap. I also don't think the Y25 was ever a big seller. You seemed to still see brand new in stores a year or two after they were released.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Normous

Post by Normous »

A Relayer Y25 laminate stock on a Matrix Blackout is a beautiful thing.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Normous wrote:A Relayer Y25 laminate stock on a Matrix Blackout is a beautiful thing.
^^^^
This!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

There's no way I could live without a back up bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
TPM

Post by TPM »

Boo wrote:There's no way I could live without a back up bow.
I here ya Don, sometimes I feel like I'm livin' on the edge but a second bow still isn't in the budget right now. The old van is winding down, gonna have to replace it soon. It's days of running over bows are drawing to an end. :|
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger