Need opinion on a bow.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Need opinion on a bow.

Post by ecoaster »

While searching the net for crossbows, I came across this ad:

Compound Bow. Golden Eagle 3D System. Case, Arrows, Overdraw, Quiver and more. Everything you need to start the hunt. May consider trade on crossbow. Asking: $375 CAD.

Anyone know anything about this particular bow or the quality of the manufacturing???

I'd prefer to start bow hunting with an excalibur, but funds are low :cry: and I'm open to other options.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

It was made by North American Archery Group (same as Fred Bear, Jennings). Quality is middle of the road and fine for normal use. Most older round wheel pulley bows are being sold for the newer cam type bows. I can't say which one this is, but either way it should do the job.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I shot a Bear compound older style bow for a while. I got the bow with intentions to hunt with it. While it was much fun to shoot I personally never gained the confidence with it to take it to the woods.

I sold it to a friend who turned out to be a natural.

He's been shooting it for just under a year and has no problem hitting pop cans with blunts to 50 yards.

One thing I feel strongly about with compounds is you should get one fitted to your paticular body to maximize accuracy.

The other thing I would like to mention is the cost of arrows doubles from crossbow bolts. And for me the amount of lost arrows doubled with the bow.

If your looking for a resonably priced archery tool to get you in the woods this year than give it a try.

On the other hand I have seen used Vixens with a few accessories sell for $425.

If you could find the $50 I would wait for a vixen.
Last edited by RichardS on Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Richard-
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ecoaster I would think for $375.00 you could find a used Excalibur xbow, however I might be wrong with deer season almost upon us.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity

Post by Guest »

ecoaster,

Why not see if you can even find a Wolverine. They are a nice shooting bow (not because I own one :P ) & usually can find them for between $200 to $300 without scope (sometimes with scope).

The Bow Shop in Waterloo had 2 back in the spring I know but do not know if they still have any.

Shoot Straight
Kirk