micro with lighter drawweight?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JSUN

micro with lighter drawweight?

Post by JSUN »

Do you think that excalibur xbow will every come out with a xbow as compact as the micro xbows, but with lighter drawweights? if that's the case then i would love to get one. 175# drawweight would be perfect :wink:
ehntr

Re: micro with lighter drawweight?

Post by ehntr »

I'm not going to try to figure out the draw force curve, but a 175 lb Micro wouldn't qualify for a hunting bow.........not with the PS as short as it is.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
JSUN

Post by JSUN »

maybe 200 #? because 270 is a bit too much for me.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I don't know what the geometry of the bow would look like. I doubt if Excalibur would invest in yet another limb. So using the existing limb the only way to do what you are proposing is to reduce the power stroke (shortening the rail) and/or using a swept back riser. Loss of KE/speed would be substantial........less than 265 fps surely...........even at 200 lbs. My speculation :D
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I believe the Micro has a swept back riser already but if you could shorten the rail just a little bit to get a draw weight of 240-250lbs. that might work. I would like it if the bow still shoots around 300 fps.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I wonder if twisting up the string or having someone make a shorter string would do the trick for you? Maybe you can not get 70lbs out with string twist but it might help you.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

JSUN wrote:maybe 200 #? because 270 is a bit too much for me.
Have you tried one? I have a Micro and a Vortex and the Micro because it is such a short stroke, is only marginally harder to cock than the Vortex. I'm only 5'7" so if you are taller it would be even easier
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fer the most part Excal makes Huntin crossbows. So i would take a good look at the 330 Matrix
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

vixenmaster wrote:Fer the most part Excal makes Huntin crossbows. So i would take a good look at the 330 Matrix
^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is right on (mostly because I own one :D )

The 330 is the lightest of the Matrix line (tied with the 310 for having the same weight and same length). The return for 20 more # is 20 more FPS (and many if not most 330 owners reporting better than 330 fps). If you want a lighter draw weight and still have the zip of a Micro, the 330 is the way to go.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
JSUN

Post by JSUN »

nchunterkw wrote:
JSUN wrote:maybe 200 #? because 270 is a bit too much for me.
Have you tried one? I have a Micro and a Vortex and the Micro because it is such a short stroke, is only marginally harder to cock than the Vortex. I'm only 5'7" so if you are taller it would be even easier
Thanks, I'm 5'7" also. I had a vortex before and i was able to cock it alright, but i use it for recreational shooting. so it would be more fun for me if the drawweight is lighter. I'm not in a hurry to buy another xcross, so i'll just wait and hope that excalibur would come out with a lighter xbow. I definitely like the compact size of the micro.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

vixenmaster wrote:Fer the most part Excal makes Huntin crossbows. So i would take a good look at the 330 Matrix
Yep,,,I agree Mike,,I just went to Cabelas tonite a shot one for the fist time,,,the wheels are spinin,,,,got to sell my Vixen II first 8)
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

JSUN wrote:I had a vortex before and i was able to cock it alright, but i use it for recreational shooting. so it would be more fun for me if the drawweight is lighter. I'm not in a hurry to buy another xcross, so i'll just wait and hope that excalibur would come out with a lighter xbow. I definitely like the compact size of the micro.
At your height, the Micro should be as easy to cock as the Vortex. Think if it this way, if Kathy (Mr Meat's wife) can cock it, you can cock it all day. Kathy is 4' something and probably 90 lbs. :shock: While she might be toughened up being married to Wes :lol: :lol: :lol: , she's still a little girl.
If they come out with one slower than the 335, I'm buying it!
The Micro is an awesome carry!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
greybuff

Post by greybuff »

At 61, 5'7", 170lbs, and 4 messed up lower discs in my back, I was concerned about being able to cock it. I wouldn't want to do it a ton of times but I have no problem cocking it.
For shooting in the back yard and to save my back, I picked up a C2 crank. I thought it would be a pain to use but it works really well, and so I can shoot as much as I want for target shooting and still am able to cock it myself when out hunting.
The Micro is a great little bow, more fun to shoot than the Exocet I gave to my little bro and I am looking forward to using it next month for javelina. it should be much easy to carry in the Arizona desert mountains than the bigger bows.
MICRO 335 CAMO
Nikon Bolt
2Stage TT
FOR THE LITTLE LADY:
VIXEN from an EXOCET (VIXOCET)
Varizone
BOO STRING
Homemade Bumpers
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The only way we'll see a lighter draw weight Micro with speeds approaching what they are now is to go to a lighter limb and a bull-pup setup, (like a Stryker). This extends the power stroke a few inches, which allows for a lighter limb, but still produces speeds from, say 300-400fps, without adding any additional length to the bow. This is what I envision for the next line of bows after the Micro.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits