im new

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joeyf

im new

Post by joeyf »

im new to hunting and will be purchasing a micro 335, im just wondering if i should upgrade the scope or string or add anything to it or just keep it as is out of the box. any input would greatly appreciated, thankyou
Micro 335 RTX
As is out of the box
xcaliber

Re: im new

Post by xcaliber »

Out of the box will get you going in the right direction, and serve you well. Upgrades are always available later.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Welcome to the forum joeyf. There is nothing wrong with that bow right out of the box. Down the road if your not happy with something you can upgrade then.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I would think since you are just starting out that using the bow as is would work fine. In the future with more experience under your belt you might want to upgrade to better optics or custom string but by no means do you need to. For now make sure you get a stringing aid so you can adjust the bow's brace height when necessary. Have fun and watch your fingers when shooting.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
joeyf

Post by joeyf »

canoe13 wrote:I would think since you are just starting out that using the bow as is would work fine. In the future with more experience under your belt you might want to upgrade to better optics or custom string but by no means do you need to. For now make sure you get a stringing aid so you can adjust the bow's brace height when necessary. Have fun and watch your fingers when shooting.
"Brace Height" is there something i can read about that on how to adjust
Micro 335 RTX
As is out of the box
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Welcome to the forum ! Good advice given !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
coli

Post by coli »

Welcome to the forum,
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

joeyf wrote:im new to hunting and will be purchasing a micro 335, im just wondering if i should upgrade the scope or string or add anything to it or just keep it as is out of the box. any input would greatly appreciated, thankyou

....Welcome Joeyf...you surely are a smart one in that you have come to the forum first, introduced yourself looking for advice and stating your purchasing intentions...

....a lot might seem overwhelming at first but I can guarantee that, if you visit this forum on a regular basis. you will be up to speed in no time...

....all the advice from the previous responders is spot on....you really do need to purchase a stringing aid for when you have to adjust your brace height on the bow...sounds like a lot and might seem overwhelming but it really is not...

.....search this sight for adjusting brace height or just ask away....everyone is more than helpful...

.....is there anyone local to you who owns an Excalibur that maybe you can meet up with and assist you with hands on teaching?....how about a local archery club?....a local archery forum might also provide you with someone local to you....

.....in any event, we are all here to help so just ask away....

All the best to you and again welcome aboard!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

The videos from the instructional DVDs are on the website. Maybe not for your exact bow but still a great starting pt.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Welcome to the club !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

Welcome and enjoy that new XB! "Simply Perfect"
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
MDM44

Post by MDM44 »

Welcome to the forum. Out of the box is a great way to go while at the beginning of the learning curve. Excellent piece of equipment. Just as with a rifle, shoot a lot, shoot often, take care of your equipment and it will perform. Enjoy the sport and welcome again. :)
bubba

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum.. like said joining the forum and asking questions before or after you receive your bow is smart... By the time your bow arrives you should have the basics ironed out. But one thing you will need is a stringing aid. so you can keep your bows brace height adjusted , Again like said on the Excalibur website there are all kinds of videos, on just about everything you need to get started, That is what I first did.. And there is some cool videos, Again Welcome..................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Canuck Archer

Post by Canuck Archer »

You have picked a great bow to break in to crossbow shooting.
The package is one of the better bow packages out there. You will have a blast!
Welcome to the addiction! :D
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....