O/T - Who's running a smoker today?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Exomag6.5

O/T - Who's running a smoker today?

Post by Exomag6.5 »

Put a 6.9lb brisket with a commercial rub on the pellet smoker at midnight, 10 hours of smoke, pulled it off - mopped it with tequila/lime/habanero sauce, put into a aluminum tray with a can of Guinness on the bottom, wrapped up tight with foil and back on low heat for another 6 hours. Now I'm gonna get the smoked beans started.....
I like the old things best....old friends, old knives, classic firearms, seasoned firewood, vintage wine and aged scotch.
Carved limb Exomag
Matrix 355
Too many knives. Favs-my Grandpa's Buck knife, my Dad's Schrade Sharpfinger and my DaGriz.
bubba

Re: O/T - Who's running a smoker today?

Post by bubba »

Damn!! That sounds good to me.... Wish I was invited? Its only about 1500 miles might be all gone by the time I get there oh well...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Pure evil post!!! :lol: whens supper!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I did up 10 pounds of peperoni seasoned and stuffed on Friday let cure Saturday and smoked them today ,turned out great for a first time go at them ,I used the hi mnt seasoning kit .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Man does that ever sound good.

Did a nice turkey in mine a couple weeks ago and hope to smoke some cheese this weekend. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Was -25C yesterday and +1C today, just crazy, so I took advantage of the heat wave lol I did baby backs on the drum smoker.

I did not take pic's but this is exactly what it looked like except with snow on the ground lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

Wow Bullzeye takes is just what I have been working on today.. Building a 30 gal. this time..
No smoking today but I am grilling some ribeyes.
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

smoked 10 lbs of snack sticks yesterday, man are they good.... :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
bloodtrail

Post by bloodtrail »

Hey guys sounds like some killer chefs on the forum today.

Hey BikerBob good to see a post from you. Still x bowin and two wheelin I hope.
I'd rather be shooting my Excalibur.
Matrix 405
Twilight DLX scope
BEZombies/Tactical Tapps
Grim Reaper SS BH
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

That's exactly what Mine is Tharris, 30gal. Am building a 55gal one now for when there is a large group of people.

I have not done a long smoke like Exomag is doing, I just never find the time, but I want to try.

Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Exomag6.5

Post by Exomag6.5 »

Fed 2 smoker newbies today... Never had brisket, never had homemade tea biscuits, never had homemade beans and never had homemade corn bread. You'd think I had given them them "the keys to the city"....how come their parents had never fed them this food before?!
I like the old things best....old friends, old knives, classic firearms, seasoned firewood, vintage wine and aged scotch.
Carved limb Exomag
Matrix 355
Too many knives. Favs-my Grandpa's Buck knife, my Dad's Schrade Sharpfinger and my DaGriz.
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

Bullzeye wrote:That's exactly what Mine is Tharris, 30gal. Am building a 55gal one now for when there is a large group of people.

I have not done a long smoke like Exomag is doing, I just never find the time, but I want to try.

I think I seen that one on the BBQ forum.. It is really cool I did a really mini a few weeks ago but it is 2 small so now I am doing the 30gal.. I have a 55 waiting.. but you did a great drum..
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Tharris, If you saw it on the BBQ Brethan, it could have been mine :D It's the perfect size for my two girls and myself, a 55gal would be to big for just the three of us. I have one more mod for it, I have a replica drum that I am going to sacrifice to add an extension to my drum so I can smoke a big Turkey standing up.

You were a busy man today Exomag, but it sounds like it was worth it. I only know one other person who has a smoker around here, it's not popular around here, but everyone who has my ribs or chicken always ask where to get a drum and how to build it lol
I'm not into real heavy smoked food, but so far using Apple is my favorite, it gives a nice light smoke, same with sugar maple.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

bloodtrail wrote:Hey guys sounds like some killer chefs on the forum today.

Hey BikerBob good to see a post from you. Still x bowin and two wheelin I hope.
you bet ,, got out and looked at a couple of new trikes on Saturday .. spent most of Sunday afternoon giving the xbow strings a work out..got another batch ready for the smoker on Monday.. :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Outback

Post by Outback »

It's been a super busy smoke'in week around here. Last week I did 15lbs of goose jerky, 5-3lb goose summer sausage, 20lbs goose pepperettes, a large vat of smoked turkey soup, same size vat of smoked ham and split pea soup, same vat of smoked venny chili, smoked chicken and turkey pot pies. Lasterday afternoon I did 10lbs of venny jerky with another 10lbs going in today. Later this week I've got 40lbs of venny to make summer sausage and pepperettes for another fella.

Just before Christmas I did 5 dozen smoked hard boiled eggs. WOW what a freik'in culinary delight they turned out to be. Managed to get about a dozen into us before the pickling brine was ready. So that leads me to getting another 5 dozen done this week as everyone who tried the last ones were totally amazed with them.

outback