O/T - Who's running a smoker today?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Exomag6.5

Re: O/T - Who's running a smoker today?

Post by Exomag6.5 »

Okay Outback.....smoked hard-boiled eggs??!! I've tossed a lot of stuff into my Traeger pellet smoker (including apples, pears and peaches for pies) but never once has the idea of boiled eggs crossed my mind. Gonna toss that one out to my buddies when they ask what special treat I'm making for deer camp this fall. Smoked boiled eggs to make pickled eggs.
I like the old things best....old friends, old knives, classic firearms, seasoned firewood, vintage wine and aged scotch.
Carved limb Exomag
Matrix 355
Too many knives. Favs-my Grandpa's Buck knife, my Dad's Schrade Sharpfinger and my DaGriz.
Outback

Post by Outback »

Ya man hard boiled eggs. Just cover them with water, bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a rolling boil for about 12 minutes then cool them under running cold water. Peel them letting them cool completely. I let mine set in the fridge overnight. Load them in the smoker and get the smoke happening but try and keep the heat down. I stayed around 75 degrees cause ya wanna kinda cold smoke them as they are already cooked. I gave them about an hour or hour and a half. They will get a golden brown skin on them and taste delicious.

They can then be eaten as they are or make devilled eggs, smoked egg salad sandwiches, pickled or however you wish. Take your time the first time and you'll be on to something real good. My pickling process included a few sliced jalapeno's, a sliced red onion, garlic cloves and or leeks.

Oh ya I almost forgot they have different effects on different peoples systems as far a flatulence. Good luck and let me know how ya make out if ya giv'er a go.

outback
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

you bet ,, got out and looked at a couple of new trikes on Saturday .. spent most of Sunday afternoon giving the xbow strings a work out..got another batch ready for the smoker on Monday.. :D[/quote]
Hey bikerbob what kind of trikes you looking at. I built trikes before I sold out and retired this year..Now just hunting and building smokers :D :D :D
live everyday as it is your last..It may be