Crossbones ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deerstalker

Re: Crossbones ?

Post by Deerstalker »

The Crossbones is a very good scope but I prefer the Nikon Bolt for hunting with my Equinox. The Nikon is light, short, rugged & accurate.

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...."best crossbow scope" is like many other things in life....subjective....

....hence I will not venture down the Crossbones as being the best or not road....

....obviously, if you must have lighted reticles then the CB is not for you...,

....if you do not believe that it gathers light the best in low light situations the CB is not for you....,

....if you believe that the yard indicators are too close then again maybe it is not for you...,

....if you don't mind throwing any amount of money at optics then... well you get the picture....,

For me, the CB works...there is no chance (OK maybe .0001% of a chance ) of it failing and it is built like a tank....

....I love the Leupold Crossbones 2x7 and it crowns both of my Excaliburs...it's not the best or maybe it is...but it just works every time for me....

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I haven't tried the Nikon because I stopped looking when I got my crossbone. It's all the scope I need :P
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm guessing you like it Anthony! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:You won't regret buying the crossbones. It is superior to all other scopes I have tried & I have tried most of them.

Jeff that red lever and TT and xbones adds the that bad azz look. Santa brought only 1 TT and I decided to give it to the Mega,as I'm setting it up for hail Mary's. ..in due time and $$$..I'll get that TT to make my micro a little more bad azz :D
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:I'm guessing you like it Anthony! :lol:
...yes I do Dan! :mrgreen:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RexKay wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:You won't regret buying the crossbones. It is superior to all other scopes I have tried & I have tried most of them.

Jeff that red lever and TT and xbones adds the that bad azz look. Santa brought only 1 TT and I decided to give it to the Mega,as I'm setting it up for hail Mary's. ..in due time and $$$..I'll get that TT to make my micro a little more bad azz :D
...haven't felt the need to change the trigger on my 335 as I am happy with the one which came with the XB...However....if I win the powerball or megamillions I will not only by a TT trigger but maybe the company :mrgreen:
....short of that happening I will switch out the TT trigger on my 380 if I ever sell it!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Selecting a Leupold scope for your Excalibur would be the best decision you will ever make.

I have a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader NWTF edition scope with the Turkey Plex reticle on my Matrix 355. Its mounted with Leupold rifleman detachable low rings. I use the center reticle for 0-30 yards with a 25 yard zero set on 4x power. My scope offers stellar low light gathering characteristics during early morning, deeps woods and late evenings.

Ballistic reticles are too busy for my needs along with illumination. If I were to select a illuminated scope than the only choice would be a Leupold VX-R 2-7x33mm with FireDot Duplex reticle.

Turkey Plex reticle

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
bubba

Post by bubba »

Ya, see what I mean? a lot of leupold fans here.. And it is a great scope. No argument there. Its up to you and what you like. Look thru as many as you can, there are some real good ones out there...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bubba

Post by bubba »

opps my bad.......................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Tichound

Post by Tichound »

Well I know one thing, you sure don't see any used ones forsale.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

I have a Nikon Bolt on my 330, a Shadowzone on my 355 and a VXR firedot on Mini Pearl. Originally had the firedot on my 355 but moved it to Pearl after the season. I like the Leopold much better. The firedot goes off after a little while, but when you move the bow, it comes back on. I like that feature. Saves batteries (money). Wish I could get my woman to turn off and on like that. As mentioned before, choice of scopes and bows is as subjective as your choice in women. Need I say more? Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

My wife has the crossbones on her Matrix 330 and she likes it. I think it's a great crossbow scope. Lightweight, bright and clear, rugged, backed by a lifetime warranty, adjustable for various speeds and made in the USA.

But it has it's limitations too. It's not illuminated and I'm partial to the Firedots. It also covers a very wide magnification range at 2-7, so for speed bows like my 405, I don't like the high level of magnification needed to coincide with my arrow's high velocity, (that's a personal preference, others prefer it).

So while I think it's a great scope, I don't think it fits all of my needs. But with any scope you buy there are trade offs, even with great ones.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

Nothing wrong with the crossbone, i love mine and no regrets.
One thing i've noticed is for people wearing eye glasses. I don't wear any but people who shot with my crossbow said it was hard to see through the scope. Maybe cause its setup for my eyes and not theirs. I can't speak for that.
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

I take my glasses off to make a shot.
Just means the eyepiece has to be focused accordingly.
It's a lot clearer to look through the scope without glasses.
Getting new glasses later this week so that could change.
I have an eotech as well.
That does need glasses to work.