String care

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: String care

Post by SEW »

I think the nail has been hit on the head: profile of the TT holding prongs pinching the serving. Boo's site has good directions/pictures. Though very smooth, the latches are somewhat more squared than the Excal latches, but won't stay that way.
Thanks to all of you.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I thought the Trigger Tech triggers were made with the intent on improving the factory trigger and to help eliminate serving separation by slightly changing the design of the latches. :? If this is a problem in design it should be brought to the attention of Trigger Tech. You really should not have to do anything to a custom drop in trigger.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
SEW

Post by SEW »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:I thought the Trigger Tech triggers were made with the intent on improving the factory trigger and to help eliminate serving separation by slightly changing the design of the latches. :? If this is a problem in design it should be brought to the attention of Trigger Tech. You really should not have to do anything to a custom drop in trigger.
My exact thoughts. Maybe others will share.
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

Hi,

We are sorry for any issues experienced. Our early triggers had slightly different profiles, so the experiences here might be over a couple different design releases as well as polishing improvements.

There are a lot of variables that go into serving wear. Please give us a call if you have any issues and we will be sure to work our hardest to solve them.

1-800-795-1485 or [email protected]

Safe shooting!

TT
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Kudos TT!! :D
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

X2
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
SEW

Post by SEW »

TriggerTech wrote:Hi,

We are sorry for any issues experienced. Our early triggers had slightly different profiles, so the experiences here might be over a couple different design releases as well as polishing improvements.

There are a lot of variables that go into serving wear. Please give us a call if you have any issues and we will be sure to work our hardest to solve them.

Safe shooting!

TT
I'll call. I love my TT triggers. I'd be tickled if you'd eval and re contour as needed. There is no wear on the serving; however, there is serving seperation on my strings. The contour is a little wider, ie more square, than the Excal design. It seems that would help rather than hurt but...
So thanks TT. I'll call.
SW
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

A couple things come to mind... When you cock a recurve, those trigger claws are actually holding back 260 pounds or whatever the bow's draw weight is, whereas a wheeled bow uses cams and mechanical advantage to obtain the speed with much less actual draw weight. Also, the Matrix bows have a pretty extreme string angle on the claws which is harder on servings. Part of it could be the TT, but I think part of it is also the nature of the Matrix beast.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Kegbelly wrote:A couple things come to mind... When you cock a recurve, those trigger claws are actually holding back 260 pounds or whatever the bow's draw weight is, whereas a wheeled bow uses cams and mechanical advantage to obtain the speed with much less actual draw weight. Also, the Matrix bows have a pretty extreme string angle on the claws which is harder on servings. Part of it could be the TT, but I think part of it is also the nature of the Matrix beast.
I agree in part. The matrix and micros by their nature are going to be harder on servings than the exos. But that doesn't explain why serving life was better with my factory trigger vs the TT in my M380. I tried to take away the squared surface of the latch and polished two TT units and so far it has helped.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

When SEW says the serving shows No wear but seems to be separating it sounds to me like a string that has been hunted with alot , In other words , Left cocked for Long periods of time while hunting . I personally think being cocked while hunting is harder on a string serving than repetitive shooting . JMO
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I agree 8ptbuk. I have seen no issues with the TT on my 355, or the Micro, and i do some long sits on stand, bow cocked! I don't subscribe to the idea that lubricating the serving is a bad idea, I lube mine personally, and every one i make. I think a good, tight lubricated serving is essential to longevity, and maybe i have been lucky, but the only string i ever had issues with was on my Ibex with the first FFF string I bought. Lately there have been directions to not lubricate the serving after a long spell of using several types of waxes from long time shooters. I think an excessive amount might have some impact on effect of trigger malfunction, and present a gumming effect, but I have not seen this. I advise a good waxing rubbed deeply into the serving about every 100 shots, and you should experience long serving life if it is applied tightly, and no sharp edges are present on your latches.
My 2 cents 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

SEW wrote:

Safe shooting!

TT
I'll call. I love my TT triggers. I'd be tickled if you'd eval and re contour as needed. There is no wear on the serving; however, there is serving seperation on my strings. The contour is a little wider, ie more square, than the Excal design. It seems that would help rather than hurt but...
So thanks TT. I'll call.
SW
I hope this works out for you...me personally I would expect T.T. to replace the latches with their lastest and most improved version...just saying.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
SEW wrote:

Safe shooting!

TT
So thanks TT. I'll call.
SW
I hope this works out for you...me personally I would expect T.T. to replace the latches with their lastest and most improved version...just saying.

Hi,

We will do what is necessary to support our product and ensure satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers,

TT
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

TriggerTech wrote:We will do what is necessary to support our product and ensure satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Now THAT's what I call Looking After Your Customers!
First Rate Quality Product, backed up with SOLID Customer Support! Image

Kind of reminds me of a crossbow Company I heard about once... Image

Cheers!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

IronNoggin wrote:
TriggerTech wrote:We will do what is necessary to support our product and ensure satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Now THAT's what I call Looking After Your Customers!
First Rate Quality Product, backed up with SOLID Customer Support! Image

Kind of reminds me of a crossbow Company I heard about once... Image

Cheers!
Nog
I agree Matt, seems to be a winning combination. Customer service is huge!!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott