BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
greentag

Re: Camo flake

Post by greentag »

you'll never pay attention to that anymore now that you know the answer,and it wont get any worse,its really unnoticeable unless your just searching for it...
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

I fully agree that it DOES NOT MATTER.

That said, being OCD, when i picked up my Matrix, I started de-cocking in the same manner that I cock the bow. I start out holding the two t-handles in my RH (I place each between different fingers in order to keep them sort of 'separate'). I then pull back on the rope while pulling trigger, followed by quickly moving LH up to grab the L handle as I'm letting off on the strings. BY the time they are at the trigger-safety point on the bow, the tension is low enough that I can shift the L handle to LH and proceed to de-cock.

Hard to explain, but not so hard to do, actually! One BIG CAVEAT... I only have a Vixen II and a 330. Those with burlier bows might risk dry-fire. But if you can comfortably 'hold' the bow with both handles above the safety release, then you're prob strong enough - with your bow - to do this.

I picked up the idea from a video I saw somewhere... will see if I can dig it up.
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Not sure why you would want to decock that way when doing so as demonstrated in the instruction video is much easier and safer.

Do what your most comfortable with - be safe and have fun.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Flecha wrote:I fully agree that it DOES NOT MATTER.

That said, being OCD, when i picked up my Matrix, I started de-cocking in the same manner that I cock the bow. I start out holding the two t-handles in my RH (I place each between different fingers in order to keep them sort of 'separate'). I then pull back on the rope while pulling trigger, followed by quickly moving LH up to grab the L handle as I'm letting off on the strings. BY the time they are at the trigger-safety point on the bow, the tension is low enough that I can shift the L handle to LH and proceed to de-cock.

Hard to explain, but not so hard to do, actually! One BIG CAVEAT... I only have a Vixen II and a 330. Those with burlier bows might risk dry-fire. But if you can comfortably 'hold' the bow with both handles above the safety release, then you're prob strong enough - with your bow - to do this.

I picked up the idea from a video I saw somewhere... will see if I can dig it up.
Benefits don't outweigh risks here...
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

X2 the white string groove gives it character.[/quote]

Exactly right.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Jcomer wrote:Thanks again guys I'm sure there's a bunch of little tricks and tips on here that I will be picking up.
Hmmmmm, might be! LOL! Much of what a newbie sees as a tip or trick is just things we take for granted. Use the search function, PM, Email or start a thread asking.
The expression "no one knows how stupid you are until you open your mouth" applies to asinine answers not the questions.
...well said Don! .....the best part about it is you might ask a question that some "experts" will learn from!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings