APEX for tall, long armed guy - target only

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seattlepete

APEX for tall, long armed guy - target only

Post by seattlepete »

Hi,

I have wanted an xbow for a long time just for fun target shooting. I do not hunt.

I was going to buy an Axiom as I held one and it felt good but I was thinking of just getting an APEX if I'm only using for target and I might be able to enter comps with that kind of xbow.

My only question is if the APEX will be too small for me, feel too cramped compared to the Axiom? I'm 6'4" with pretty long arms. I don't know the lengths or dimensions of the APEX.

Thanks for any help
MI Yeti

Re: APEX for tall, long armed guy - target only

Post by MI Yeti »

Welcome to the forum ! I believe the stock dimensions between the apex and axiom are the same , the pixel is the youth size target bow .I am pretty sure the Excalibur stock extender will fit the apex as well . I’m 6' 7" and i shoot a vixen just fine without any stock modification . I'm used to it i guess .

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalo ... -tender_ap
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I would look at the new Cub or Grizzly models for just target shooting. Big enough to shoot comfortably but in a more compact size with enough power for long distance shots you might want to make.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
strum

Post by strum »

canoe13 wrote:I would look at the new Cub or Grizzly models for just target shooting. Big enough to shoot comfortably but in a more compact size with enough power for long distance shots you might want to make.
X2
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-3
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
seattlepete

Post by seattlepete »

The whole point is I want something longer and not compact as the Axiom seems to fit me well. Also, want JUST a target xbow...something I can use for competitions if I decide to do that. I don't see the size of the APEX on the Excalibur site so I was just wondering how long it is and if it's comparable to the Axiom or is more compact.

Thanks though for the ideas.
galamb

Post by galamb »

I'm 6'1, go about 200lbs, take a 34" sleeve in my dress shirts, draw 30" on my recurve bow and have 15" length of pull on my custom rifles.

I shoot a Vixen II, marketed to youth/women and find it more than comfortable to hold - even with the reduced length of pull.

Hold the bow you plan on buying - only way to know for sure whether you will find it comfortable or not.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
sean

Post by sean »

Hello, The Apex is a lovely bow to shoot (I have 2) The Axiom is also very good (got one of those also)the power stroke is the only difference just less than 3 inches longer for the Axiom (it also has mag tip limbs which the Apex doesn't) You could shoot the Apex all day without a rope cocker and not get tired.The Apex is noisier to shoot, I think because of the foot stirrup extender, but is very accurate.My son in law has used one of my Apexes and my brown Vixen and he prefers the Apex.