Can you use a Dropzone Scope on slug gun?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DanO

Can you use a Dropzone Scope on slug gun?

Post by DanO »

I'm upgrading my Drop Zone scope on my crossbow.

I'm not wild about the Bushnell Banner scope I currently have on my slug gun. I'm wondering about putting the older Drop Zone scope on the gun. Anyone know if you can use a Drop Zone scope on a slug gun. I'm not sure it'll take the pounding although this is an HR ultra slug hunter 20 gauge so there's not much kick. Thanks
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
xcaliber

Re: Can you use a Dropzone Scope on slug gun?

Post by xcaliber »

I personally would get a shot gun rated scope, best single reticle scope I could afford that would reach the limits of the slugger's range, Nikon has a good shotgun scope for around $100. Can't quite recall the model, but I sold my Rem. 870 slugger with that scope, it was on mine for 5, or 6 years, no issues.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

It still might not handle the recoil. I have one of those Ultra's in 12Ga, The barrel is actually a 10Ga. bored to 12Ga., and the recoil is nasty. I got a Nikon, BDC Shotgun scope. Went thru 2 others, would not handle the recoil... Also. it may void the warranty by mounting it on your slugger. Good luck.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

try the new redfield made by leupold..I have one on a t/c encore 3" 20ga..around $200..it takes the recoil and its made in U.S.A. :D :D :D
fergie

Post by fergie »

otisbrazwell wrote:try the new redfield made by leupold..I have one on a t/c encore 3" 20ga..around $200..it takes the recoil and its made in U.S.A. :D :D :D
I have the same set up, redfield revolution 3-9x40 with accu-range and can hit an 8" pie plate at 250 yards with it.
love this set up
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Best slug gun scopes out there for the money are:
Variable- Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32 about $50-75
Guys on the Marlin 45-70/444 forums swear by them, and I have had them on 12ga slug guns with 3" Buckhammers and 2oz Turkey loads for years while most others just don't last long at all(Bushnell Elites,Nikons, Leupolds, etc do but they also aren't $50)

Fixed 2.5 or 4x scopes are dirt cheap and one that comes to mind thats super rugged AND cheap is the Simmons4-8x32 8pt SG(shotgun specific....which simply means it has a 50 or 75 yd Parallax setting rather than the normal 100yd one rifles use).They are not fancy but they will take a beating from recoil and when dropped from heights of 20ft several times in 1 season(my dad...)

Good luck
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
DanO

Post by DanO »

Thanks guys for the input. Wish the scopes were that cheap in Canada. The Nikon Slug Hunter scope is $250 up here. I will check eBay but then I need to be careful with the "brokerage" fees.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.