Matrix VS. Micro Stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Matrix VS. Micro Stock

Post by foofoo »

took them off and weighed them to compare. figuring the Micro being skeletonized i thought it would be much lighter but was surprised. the Matrix 405 stock is 2.80lbs. and the Micro is 2.20 lbs. not much a difference at all. just to see how theyd look together i put the Micro stock on the 405 mega it seemed to be awkward and forward heavy.
StormDragon

Re: Matrix VS. Micro Stock

Post by StormDragon »

I think even though the weights are close, it comes down to how they feel/differ balance wise and weight distribution in general.

Although the matrix is a great bow you feel a difference in the balance as compared to the micro when you shoulder them
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

When I first saw a Micro I was hopeful they'd finally built a bow under 5 lbs. The Micro is light, and better balanced, but I'd say it is deceptively heavy. It weighs more than it would appear to.

1/2 lb lighter in the stock is nothing to scoff at, (if I could reduce 1/2 lb from all my bows I would). It makes me wonder where the Micro is making up all that weight.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i did the comparison mainly to see if the Micro stock was much lighter and how it faired on a 405 Mega Matrix model. nothing worth doing in my opinion.not much of a weight difference. maybe if you like the skeleton look . as far as balance you can always add a picatinny rail and handle to get a different balance more out front. ive aqdded picatinny handles to several of my crossbows once i figured out where the weight should balance.
Last edited by foofoo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

racking up points wrote:When I first saw a Micro I was hopeful they'd finally built a bow under 5 lbs. The Micro is light, and better balanced, but I'd say it is deceptively heavy. It weighs more than it would appear to.

1/2 lb lighter in the stock is nothing to scoff at, (if I could reduce 1/2 lb from all my bows I would). It makes me wonder where the Micro is making up all that weight.
I think the weight is in the foregrip area, the reason I say that is when you pick it up it feels "beefier/denser" then compared to the matrix. This might help explain the balance/more solid feel too. That and I think the plastic/polymer is denser in/on the micro then the matrix
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Yes it seems that way to me; the Micro Nightmare stock feels more solid than my other Excal. stocks. I wonder if the new Cub and Grizzly feel similar. I would prefer a non- skeletonized stock.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings