Shiping Charges from U.S. to Ontario??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Shiping Charges from U.S. to Ontario??????

Post by ecoaster »

Any of you guys bought used Excaliburs from the states and had them shipped up? Just want a ballpark idea of shipping costs.

Thanks.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Digger

Post by Digger »

It cost me about $30 to ship to the States from Ont to Oh. But coming back from the States was postage + GST and if it comes UPS you'll have brokerage fees. Cost me an extra $70 CAN to have my Martin Jaguar shipped from Washington State.
Find out the cost before you order. Sometimes the tax man taketh, sometimes he doesn't. Have it sent by USPS and you'll miss some costs.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

And I understand if you can ship it under a warranty to a dealer you can save in time and money...If you know one that would accept the package.
Just what I heard mine ya :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
raspberry patch

Post by raspberry patch »

deleted
Last edited by raspberry patch on Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I had an Exomag shipped to me from the western states. Once all is said and done, you will be looking at about $100.00 Can. for shipping, borkerage fees, GST and provincial taxes.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

All these fees, gst, etc (aside from the actual mailing charge) are they charged when you buy privately or are you guys talking about buying from a dealer???

I'm looking at a private listing.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TAC

Post by TAC »

Unless the item is worth less than $20 U.S. (maybe it's $50), Canada Customs will charge you GST whether it comes from a dealer or a private sale (such as Ebay, etc).

If you have something shipped via a courier, you'll get dinged with some Customs brokerage processing fees and often these come _months_ later. Canada Post only charges a $5 fee, so if you can get the sender to ship via U.S.P.S., you'll likely save yourself some $$.

There are some ways to circumvent the system. It doesn't always work and you do take a risk. Have the sender write "gift" on the outside of the box and put the value very low. Have a note inside the box explaining it is a gift too.

This _may_ work sometimes although the risk is if there is a problem (damage or lost), you only get insurance for what the package's declared value was.

No matter how it is sent, be prepared for it to arrive anytime between 2-6 weeks.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Gift or no gift, chances are, you will be dinged. The type of product (hunting), value $$$, and size of the product raises flags at the border. As mentionned above, the United States Parcel Service may save you a few bucks over UPS or FedEx.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.