Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

Re: LimbSaver Insulator Strip

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:
fergie wrote:
colouredchameleon wrote:Onetimeonly x-->

Question???

What is the little short curly string about attached to the stirrup's right side.
I bet it's dental floss to tell wind direction.......
....or to clean your teeth after you eat your "prosciutto and mozzarella" sandwich while your bow is on it's hook in your stand :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
Or to clean the deer's teeth for the after shot smile. Bloods one thing, corn stuck between the teeth is another story! Lol
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

fergie wrote:

Question???

What is the little short curly string about attached to the stirrup's right side.
We have a winner...wind indicator it is.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
fergie wrote:

Question???

We have a winner...wind indicator it is.

Simple but effective. Will have to give it a try
Hawkeyemd

Post by Hawkeyemd »

Took my stirrup off and took it to our local Line-X dealer.He line-x'ed it brown to match my Matrix 380. It completely deadened the twang in the stirrup and it looks good too!! Regards, Hawkeyemd
Onetimeonly x-->

Hawkeyemd wrote:Took my stirrup off and took it to our local Line-X dealer.He line-x'ed it brown to match my Matrix 380. It completely deadened the twang in the stirrup and it looks good too!! Regards, Hawkeyemd
Line-X is a perfect application, BASF the company and site I work for provides Line-X with their material, millions of pounds. Line-X is good stuff...good job!
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Those strips come two to a pack. Used three on my stirrup like pics and the other one on the arrow hold down spring. I like 'em so far.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Hawkeyemd wrote:Took my stirrup off and took it to our local Line-X dealer.He line-x'ed it brown to match my Matrix 380. It completely deadened the twang in the stirrup and it looks good too!! Regards, Hawkeyemd
Line-X is the way to go but the local shop wanted $100 to spray two stirrups! I went with plasti-dip and it definitely helps to get rid of some twang.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Im wondering if besides on the stirrup if you could put a couple of them parallel/running along both sides of the barrel too. In theory since its hollow they would "deaden" the echoe of the shot?

Elite Synergy; Krampus
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

racking up points wrote:
Line-X is the way to go but the local shop wanted $100 to spray two stirrups! I went with plasti-dip and it definitely helps to get rid of some twang.
Wow! Derrick, that's such a rip off! I had mine sprayed for $10.00 which seems reasonable. For them to even suggest $50/each is offensive. I did tell them I wasn't in a hurry and would wait till they were spraying a truck. I dropped it off in the morning, they sprayed it that afternoon and I picked it up the next day.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Onetimeonly x-->

StormDragon wrote:Im wondering if besides on the stirrup if you could put a couple of them parallel/running along both sides of the barrel too. In theory since its hollow they would "deaden" the echoe of the shot?
Many have done it in one way or another, just pull the riser off and fill the void in the mainframe. I took thin slices of an old foam target and with the aid of a flexible plastic ruler, I just push the foam into mainframe from the trigger back to the riser bolt holes. Intentions are good...killing sound???
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

Looking at m matrix 330, wouldn't just putting a piece of thin rubber between stirrup rail do the same thing?
Have a blessed day
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....very interesting discussion thus far...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Had foam stuffed down my Eclipse XT rails. But, I got over sound issues and just went with speed and POI. Follow up not necessary, and if so I use my Crank in the stand, so big deal.

True story, I shot 4 does (with my 30-30) one morning out of a herd of 5. 10 mins later another doe was sniffing one on the ground I had just shot, and I kid you not in less than 30 mins I had a 6pt buck walk down the trail beside them. Could have taken him as well, but I was on trophy land and was supposed to be thinning out the does and culls. So, sound really doesn't bother me as far as hunting goes, I just quieten things for movement in the stand prior to actually seeing the animals.;)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
StormDragon wrote:Im wondering if besides on the stirrup if you could put a couple of them parallel/running along both sides of the barrel too. In theory since its hollow they would "deaden" the echoe of the shot?
Many have done it in one way or another, just pull the riser off and fill the void in the mainframe. I took thin slices of an old foam target and with the aid of a flexible plastic ruler, I just push the foam into mainframe from the trigger back to the riser bolt holes. Intentions are good...killing sound???
Thanks for barrel/foam idea and I meant to wite vibration instead of sound (the first cup of coffee hadnt started to kick in yet)

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Razor cut

Post by Razor cut »

StormDragon wrote:
Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Thanks for barrel/foam idea and I meant to wite vibration instead of sound (the first cup of coffee hadnt started to kick in yet)
Has anyone try spray foam to fill the barrel of the xbow?
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings