New to crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

john g

New to crossbows

Post by john g »

Just signed up on the forum. I'm new to x-bows and don't have one yet, but I'm already hooked. My oldest son got a Matrix 405 before our deer season, but I think it's too much bow for me. I talked to Mr. Miller this A.M. about the new micro. I'm about to pull the trigger. Been checking forums for awhile, seems to be a lot of good knowledge here. I'll be counting on help & advice form ya'll.
No One

Re: New to crossbows

Post by No One »

Welcome to the forum!!

I am new too, I am waiting on income tax so I can get my bow. I have chosen the matrix 380 mainly for deer hunting. I think that you and I have chosen the right bow for the job. The main reason I chose this company was the ease of maintenance and being able to change the string with out a bow press is a plus. :D
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...I welcome No One to the forum along with John G...a lot to learn here at the University...there are many great professors that have Doctorate degree's in everything related to Excaliburs....

...I don't think you will be making a mistake with any one of the Excaliburs you decide on...just make sure that you are honest with yourself and that you are not just buying the fastest for the wrong reasons...

....good luck with your decision making, ask your questions, respect everyone and have fun...If you have not done so...fill out the rest of your registration so we know where you guys hail from...there might be someone local to help out...

Again welcome aboard....and a little bit of warning....don't miss out on some great schooling found throughout this forum....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome guys!!! Great choice you made. Just remember, it's hard to stop at just one!!! :D :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

welcome to the camp!!
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome, any Excalibur will do the job. I think any Micro, or Matrix will satisfy the hunter in anyone, but my favorite is my two! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

maine hunter wrote:Welcome guys!!! Great choice you made. Just remember, it's hard to stop at just one!!! :D :lol:

....Unless you hand your paycheck to the little woman and she handles the finances....that is the only justification to lie and steal! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Welcome to the Excalibur clan! Make sure to get a rope cocker; makes it easier and more accurate. Another must have is a stringer to adjust your bowstring. Enjoy and keep your fingers down and in one piece.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum!
wabi
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!!! :D :D :D
The new model's are great but don't sell the older models short...many a critter has fell to the old school excals. 8) You can find some great deals on the trading post for the older models.
Once you pull the trigger on your new bow you've got to have a back up! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good luck gentlemen. :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the addiction!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum n congrats on choosin an Excal
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

....Unless you hand your paycheck to the little woman and she handles the finances....that is the only justification to lie and steal! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:[/quote]

Anthony's in my boat!! :lol: :lol:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Welcome !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
john g

Post by john g »

Thanks to all for the welcome. I'll update when the order is placed & post pics(if I figure out how) when it gets here.