Matrix 380 questions.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ijb

Re: Matrix 380 questions.

Post by ijb »

Asking Bowman5 wrote:Hello, im saving up for the matrix 380 blackout and I have a few questions.
Draw- how difficult is it to draw with the rope loader it comes with?
Durability- how long will the bow last without replacing parts?
im going to use this bow to hunt, and shoot targets. will this shoot through the target? if so that's awesome :mrgreen: but want to shoot targets when not in season.
that's all folks, my main concern is the draw weight. im a younger archer, and need to know if ill be able to shoot this long periods of time. im pretty strong and tall so I can reach the string. thanks :D
I'll add another perspective. The 380 is harder to cock with the cocking rope than a compound crossbow. The level of difficulty also depends on your height. I am 5' 7" and in reasonably decent shape, but not a weight lifter by any means. While I can cock my 380 with the rope, that last 2 inches can be a real bear. If I were 2 or 3 inches taller I can see how it would be a lot easier.

Also, I target shoot and usually fire between 10 and 30 shots per shooting session. After about the fifth or sixth time cocking with the rope, my muscles get sufficiently tired that it definitely interferes with my shooting accuracy.

The solution for me was the C2 crank. It was relatively inexpensive and makes cocking the bow quick and easy (although not particularly quiet ;-). In any case this set up works very well for me as it takes all the strain off my arms and back and allows me to shoot more accurately.

With that, I love my 380. It has been trouble free for hundreds of shots. It is very accurate and I love the fact that I can make all needed adjustments and do all necessary maintenance myself without ever having to take it to a shop.

As others have said, get the stringing aid with the bow. Unless you are very lucky, the bow will likely need to have the brace height adjusted from the moment it comes out of the box. Also, the string will stretch for at least the first 50 to 100 shots, so you will need to keep adjusting the brace height.

Cheers
Matrix 380
Trigger Tech 2.5# 2 stage trigger
Redfield Revenge scope
C2 crank
amythntr

Re: Matrix 380 questions.

Post by amythntr »

....as a family we own 3... 2 boys and me....love, love love the 380.... Couldn't agree more with all the the previous posters.... Just a great bow that doesn't know how to miss!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings