They just don't get it!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: They just don't get it!

Post by xcaliber »

Rock on Brother! 8) I'm not wrestling you for the last pork chop! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
kysdad

Post by kysdad »

I love the thought of going in to a local dealer and doing business with home town folks. Having said that, it is a shame that when I walk in, I feel like I am imposing on them. Anymore, my tactics for buying a crossbow these days are,going to the locals and trying it out while feeling like I have to apologize for their 10 minutes of time away from sitting, then I just go home and order it online from someone who first, knows what they're talking about and second, gives a darn about my business. It does make me thankful for places like this. I've learned a ton already.
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

XbOhErO wrote:
xcaliber wrote:That's wicked fast! 8) You do have a back brace hangin round, aye! :lol:
I could probably use a back brace at times but I do have the C2 crank should I need it. Just too lazy to use it ! :lol:
So what's the biggest tree you've shot through with that speed demon to get the deer on the other side? Damn!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

JPjunkie wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I can tell you, my experience from a local, "well known" archery pro shop in northern NJ who is an Excalibur dealer...I will not mention names because I know that my NJ brethren will certainly recognize the name...

....in any event I went in there a while ago to pick up some Diablo's for my 380 (back in the day before a Zombie voice came from below calling me)....when I spoke to one of their main salesmen whom I had known from my compound days asking him for some of the arrows....he pointed me to a dusty corner near where the exit sign was....

....They were a compound and traditional archery place with bow presses and all of the accessories to suit up their top brand; "Matthews"....they were all proudly displayed in the front for all to see.... along with their "Mission" crossbows....the poor selection of Excalibur's were relegated to near the store exit....and this was a dealer...

....it was obvious that they didn't care much for their dealership with Excalibur...I take that as a complement to the Excalibur name and the fact that they don't need servicing and are easily maintained...

....my point is, if a dealer doesn't show much effort in displaying and selling the brand...how can one expect the box stores to do any better...

....I guess it is US who sell the brand to others...I know with me I have now sold 4 Matrix' just by word of mouth...I am sure I have sold others because I have seen some activity on the NJ Hunter's Forum that has come through member's PM'ing me and asking my opinion...

....now if they would only put a decent scope on their bows and provide a stringer, life would be good!

Anthony :)
Are you a politician or what :lol: :lol:
....and what might you really be trying to espouse Mr. JP?...I was merely stating a narrative of an actual trip to a "well known" local pro shop who couldn't give two hoots about being an Excalibur dealer when they are "in bed" with other manufacturers and spend their time, fixing, adjusting, selling other products....

....I just don't get your "politician" connection.... :?: :?: :?:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

amythntr wrote:
JPjunkie wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I can tell you, my experience from a local, "well known" archery pro shop in northern NJ who is an Excalibur dealer...I will not mention names because I know that my NJ brethren will certainly recognize the name...

....in any event I went in there a while ago to pick up some Diablo's for my 380 (back in the day before a Zombie voice came from below calling me)....when I spoke to one of their main salesmen whom I had known from my compound days asking him for some of the arrows....he pointed me to a dusty corner near where the exit sign was....

....They were a compound and traditional archery place with bow presses and all of the accessories to suit up their top brand; "Matthews"....they were all proudly displayed in the front for all to see.... along with their "Mission" crossbows....the poor selection of Excalibur's were relegated to near the store exit....and this was a dealer...

....it was obvious that they didn't care much for their dealership with Excalibur...I take that as a complement to the Excalibur name and the fact that they don't need servicing and are easily maintained...

....my point is, if a dealer doesn't show much effort in displaying and selling the brand...how can one expect the box stores to do any better...

....I guess it is US who sell the brand to others...I know with me I have now sold 4 Matrix' just by word of mouth...I am sure I have sold others because I have seen some activity on the NJ Hunter's Forum that has come through member's PM'ing me and asking my opinion...

....now if they would only put a decent scope on their bows and provide a stringer, life would be good!

Are you a politician or what :lol: :lol:
....and what might you really be trying to espouse Mr. JP?...I was merely stating a narrative of an actual trip to a "well known" local pro shop who couldn't give two hoots about being an Excalibur dealer when they are "in bed" with other manufacturers and spend their time, fixing, adjusting, selling other products....

Don't get them wadded up nothing negative just the way you express yourself and about the accessories that come with the Excals you see it you buy it no excuses People act like they need a scope on a weapon most don't shoot past 40 to 50 yds that will see clearly at 1000 is all Im saying Ive heard this on here since being here the key is getting the game close enough to shoot and I would start there for most that's all and as I said not a shot at you your posts because I get a chuckle out of your posts :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Anthony :)[/quote]
Are you a politician or what :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Anthony :)[/quote]
Don't get them wadded up nothing negative just the way you express yourself and about the accessories that come with the Excals you see it you buy it no excuses People act like they need a scope on a weapon most don't shoot past 40 to 50 yds that will see clearly at 1000 is all Im saying Ive heard this on here since being here the key is getting the game close enough to shoot and I would start there for most that's all and as I said not a shot at you your posts because I get a chuckle out of your posts :D[/quote]....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a problem JP...I called off Uncle Vinny ,Tony "nails" Tampono and Joe "the snake" Bonnacio... :shock: :shock: all is well again between the deep south and the north :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Not long ago I was at Cabela's they had a M405 hanging, pull it down just to get the feel for it "next purchase" I noticed that the riser was not fitting flush with the mainframe, assembled incorrectly... Mention it to an employee, who knows if it was addressed? I for one prefer to NEVER purchase a bow pre-assembled. Just like to know the history of my ownership. Someone will buy that bow and who knows if it will be a pleasant experience or a bad one????
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Not a problem JP...I called off Uncle Vinny ,Tony "nails" Tampono and Joe "the snake" Bonnacio... :shock: :shock: all is well again between the deep south and the north :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:[/quote] :

:shock:
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:Not a problem JP...I called off Uncle Vinny ,Tony "nails" Tampono and Joe "the snake" Bonnacio... :shock: :shock: all is well again between the deep south and the north :lol: :lol: :lol:

:

:shock:[/quote]

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

amythntr wrote:
Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:Not a problem JP...I called off Uncle Vinny ,Tony "nails" Tampono and Joe "the snake" Bonnacio... :shock: :shock: all is well again between the deep south and the north :lol: :lol: :lol:

:

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
They would get beat down around here just sayin Hog food would be there new names :mrgreen:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

JPjunkie wrote:
amythntr wrote:

:

They would get beat down around here just sayin Hog food would be there new names :mrgreen:[/quote]

....that's why when my peeps travel south they take on new southern names...Uncle Vinny becomes Cooter, Tony becomes Cletus and good old Joe becomes Billy Bob.....they just fit right in with their southern twang in their speech...you just have to hear them say, "faggetaboutit ya'll!"

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

Went to the local Gander Mountain to purchase a muzzle loader for my nephew.Only muzzle loader available was the display muzzle loader.Tried to talk the salesman into letting me buy the display muzzle loader.He bent over backwards refusing to sell it,stating if he sold it no one would be able to see it and order one.I told him,no one was going to want to order one from the store and have to wait.If they had planned on ordering a muzzle loader,they would order from a catalog displaying more than 1 brand.Salesman still refused to sell.As I was leaving the store,a manager stopped me and said he saw me looking at the display muzzle loader and observed I was leaving the store without making a purchase.Before I could tell him his salesman refused to sell the display model,the manager asked me what would it take for me to buy the gun.He then knocked off $50 on the price and threw in some accessories with the purchase.I never did tell him that his salesman wouldn't sell the gun.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

On the same subject,I went back to the same Gander Mountain the next day to have fire sights put on the muzzle loader.The firearms repair person told me he wasn't sure if he could have the sights put on by the time muzzle loader season opened(2 days later).When I told him I would go some where else,he said he would put me ahead of the line since the seasoned opened in 2 days and his other jobs weren't muzzle loader related.He guaranteed me the job would be completed by the next day/night.He was good on his word,how ever,when I came to pick up the gun at closing time, he told me he didn't put on the fire sights because he didn't have any in stock.He put a different metal bead on the front of the barrel.I told him he should have called me first and asked me.I would have told him no since the gun already had a metal bead on it.He then charged me $28.00 which I refused to pay.He kept the gun and said I would have to either pay or come back the next day and see the manager.I missed opening day of the season and when I talked to the manager he said there was nothing I could do except pay the $28.I told him to keep the gun and notified the credit card company and stopped payment.Haven't been back to Gander Mountain since.
bubba

Post by bubba »

I'm with you on that JD, that is some unreal service. Just don't get it! Oh well...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
automated11

Post by automated11 »

I have been blessed by living within 1 hr driving to Dan Miller's shop (Horizontal Archery) There is a Cabelas on the way but I give him all of my crossbow business and drive there to see him. Great Guy!
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.