Crossbow bubble level

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Re: Crossbow bubble level

Post by Lake shooter »

paulaboutform wrote:
Lake shooter wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Use the level and improve your accuracy. To say you can cant either a compound or crossbow without changing poi is absurd. Some people are minimalists and that's fine, but don't say it's bells and whistles making no difference. That's simply untrue.
Find ANYWHERE in my post that I said the above, and I'll buy you a steak dinner AND admit that I'm wrong. I can make that bet, because you won't find it! Please stop putting words in my mouth (or anyone else's). This type of thing is far too common on forums, and one of the main reasons that I frequently take long hiatuses from them from time to time...... :roll:
Lakeshooter, before this goes any further let me say I'm sorry if I've offended or insulted you in any way. That certainly wasn't my intention. I'm a creature of habit and have been playing the pinpoint accuracy game for many years (competative 3D internationally) .I guess I agree with you regarding being off level and in the kill zone at most hunting distances. However,this is where it becomes subjective. We may all have a different personal effective range and what's 'good enough' for one doesn't stand true for the other. In that respect, regardless of any shooter's skill set, I don't see the level bubble falling into the 'bells and whistles' category. Jmho.....I'm more than happy to take you up on the steak dinner offer btw. Dutch treat....any excuse to get together with fellow forum members. :wink:

Paul
Paul, No offense taken pal. My only point is that you read what you thought I said, not what I said, and that gets old. I will fess up on myself and admit to having been guilty of this in the distant past a time or two, from not really reading what another poster said before I made a reply, and then later realized my mistake after going back and looking at things.

If one does this, they will clearly see that the first sentence of my post said "You are correct about canting effecting POI", and the final sentence said "If someone likes levels, by all means, buy one!" What more can I say????

I have made the point on here many times before that I don't target shoot, my 380 is a hunting weapon only. In 75% (at least) of the places where I hunt you would be very darn hard pressed to find a clear shot past 40 yards, and sometimes 30 is a struggle, even with a scope to help pick out the very small twigs and vines. I won't be taking any 60+ yard shots at deer, even IF I had an open lane, which will never happen!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

For me, even in a hunting only scenario, it is helpful. Especially if a deer comes in from behind or an unexpected direction. In twisting around to get a sight picture on the deer it is very easy to cant the bow quite a bit. 20, 30 degrees easily if you are not careful. OR that is they way the shot has to go down. By adding the level and practicing with different cants, one can compensate for what hunting conditions dictate.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:...this is what I use...I am not an engineer...just a lowly accountant...but I do find many times I "cant" my bow which cannot be good at any range... :shock: :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOW-SIGHT-LEVEL ... 2eaa009fe1

Anthony :)
Hey Anthony,

can you help a fellow Jerseyite out and post a few pics of it mounted on your Micro for me? Been thinking about a level for awhile (just wondering how it will work with my Munch mount)

Thanks
Image[/URL]

...not a great image SD but this is one I had available...I am a lefty so i put mine in my eye's line of site right inside the hole on the riser...in this case right inside the munch mount post...hope this helps!

Last edited by amythntr on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Paul,
I forgot to add, thanks for your thoughts! :wink:
buttnbuck

Post by buttnbuck »

Sorry fella's, didn't mean for this to be a harsh topic, but i must explain that i am a hunter and an avid 3d shooter and bubble's do help out to further distances, uneven terrain, up hill, down hill. Thanks for all the info. :wink:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

buttnbuck wrote:Sorry fella's, didn't mean for this to be a harsh topic, but i must explain that i am a hunter and an avid 3d shooter and bubble's do help out to further distances, uneven terrain, up hill, down hill. Thanks for all the info. :wink:
....with 200 days to the opening of the early bow in NJ you can understand how cabin fever sets in rapidly....i experienced it earlier when I snapped at Bubba for not really responding to my question...

....one thing we can say about our forum...we put the "fun" in
Dys"fun"ctional!..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:
StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:...this is what I use...I am not an engineer...just a lowly accountant...but I do find many times I "cant" my bow which cannot be good at any range... :shock: :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOW-SIGHT-LEVEL ... 2eaa009fe1

Hey Anthony,

can you help a fellow Jerseyite out and post a few pics of it mounted on your Micro for me? Been thinking about a level for awhile (just wondering how it will work with my Munch mount)

Thanks
Image[/URL]

...not a great image SD but this is one I had available...I am a lefty so i put mine in my eye's line of site right inside the hole on the riser...in this case right inside the munch mount post...hope this helps!

Thanks Anthony,

Only problem is even with my glasses on I cant see through the mount to see how you mounted it LOL

And what do you mean 200 more days? I take it you aint trying for the Spring Turkey lottery?
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....yes I am SD...I am looking forward to spring turkey after about 15 years....but early deer is still 200 days away....

....I will take some pictures with my cell tonight just for you :lol:

Stay warm....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:....yes I am SD...I am looking forward to spring turkey after about 15 years....but early deer is still 200 days away....

Stay warm....

Good luck if you win your permits. If I win this will be my second spring going for them. I thought people were making up stories about them until I started hunting them myself.

I ABSOLUTELY LOATH THE EVIL FEATHERED DEMONS!!!! now.

And I just learned recently that are "great" finally realized we were getting over run with the feathered bast@$ ds and opened up a fall season for them in the area I h7nting 16

Also, thanks for the pics when you get the chance, much appreciated!

Elite Synergy; Krampus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:....yes I am SD...I am looking forward to spring turkey after about 15 years....but early deer is still 200 days away....

Stay warm....

Good luck if you win your permits. If I win this will be my second spring going for them. I thought people were making up stories about them until I started hunting them myself.

And I just learned recently that are "great" finally realized we were getting over run with the feathered bast@$ ds and opened up a fall season for them in the area I h7nting 16

LAND EAGLES!!! :D They are easier with a crossbow than a verticle that you have to draw!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

flightattendant100 wrote:
StormDragon wrote:

Stay warm....

LAND EAGLES!!! :D They are easier with a crossbow than a verticle that you have to draw!
I think there is a running bet among my friends and family who is going to win this spring if I win permits again Me or the Turkeys.

I also think there is a side bet going to that I will end up on the evening news with a crazy smile on my face, a bunch of dead turkeys surrounding me with a bunch of very confused game wardens trying to figure out what happened to both the birds and forrest they used to live in.

I'm feeling the tic come on now as I write this

Elite Synergy; Krampus