M405 Shooters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pa.hunter

Re: M405 Shooters

Post by Pa.hunter »

Well guys all this talk about the 405 got me thinking how bad I really wanted one.I have been thinking of one for a long long time but put it on back burner till now.I really don't need it but wanted it bad. So I ordered it today. I have this fever bad. I was going to buy the grandson a cub or a grizzly but decided my 330 would work good for him. That's how I justified buying the 405.Works for me :mrgreen:

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

This is all you guys faults!!!!! :lol: Sew I already got some F.O.C.s to try next season.

Charlie
Black Eagles
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Pa.hunter wrote:Well guys all this talk about the 405 got me thinking how bad I really wanted one.I have been thinking of one for a long long time but put it on back burner till now.I really don't need it but wanted it bad. So I ordered it today. I have this fever bad. I was going to buy the grandson a cub or a grizzly but decided my 330 would work good for him. That's how I justified buying the 405.Works for me :mrgreen:

Charlie
Good choice for hunting its the top of the heap in my opinion theres no escape for whatever your aiming at flat shooting accurate as the rest of the line and there is no faster I shot a Doe this year at 54yds without even thinking about it It will reach out there and get em I also shot a 12pt buck and dropped him like a bag of hammers the power is unbelievable so kill on :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Congrats Charlie, did you purchase as a package or bow only? Good job!! Going to change my name to Jealous...lol
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

I couldn't believe the power of the 380 I can just imagine what the 405 is going to do. I took a 10 pointer this year with my 380 and dropped him in his tracks crushed his front shoulder after going through his lungs and heart. Took a doe in late season she went about 40 after double lung. I really wanted the flatter trajectory. We all know every little bit helps in a hunting situation.

Charlie
Black Eagles
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Congrats Charlie, did you purchase as a package or bow only? Good job!! Going to change my name to Jealous...lol
I got the bare bow. I already have all the goodies to dress it up real nice. :D

Thanks Charlie
Black Eagles
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Can you imagine a Micro 405? Talk about a Terror In the trees that would be!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:Can you imagine a Micro 405? Talk about a Terror In the trees that would be!
...yea but it would have a 680lb draw weight...Excalibur would have to provide a hydraulic winch to cock it and there would be an equal chance of you be thrown back as the torpedo is released.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

amythntr wrote:
StormDragon wrote:Can you imagine a Micro 405? Talk about a Terror In the trees that would be!
...yea but it would have a 680lb draw weight...Excalibur would have to provide a hydraulic winch to cock it and there would be an equal chance of you be thrown back as the torpedo is released.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's true and funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie
Black Eagles
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Pa.hunter wrote:
amythntr wrote:

That's true and funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie
Hmmm.. so what your saying is that there could be a few flaws in my idea huh?

:lol: :lol:
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't see any flaws. I would make sure that i was ratched strapped very well in my tree stand
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

Just wanted to share that I got my new Spinyl Tap arrows which are 20" with 110gr inserts for a total weight of 433 grains with a 100 grain broadhead. According to my chronograph downstairs, I have a speed of 374fps with that combination. I can't wait to crush something other than my poor targets!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:I don't see any flaws. I would make sure that i was ratched strapped very well in my tree stand
I am more worried about the tree being pulled out from the roots with the force of the shot..... :shock:

PS: Might cause a seismic reaction ... Similar to Fred Sanford saying, "I think this is the big one Elizabeth!"
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

amythntr wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:I don't see any flaws. I would make sure that i was ratched strapped very well in my tree stand
I am more worried about the tree being pulled out from the roots with the force of the shot..... :shock:

PS: Might cause a seismic reaction ... Similar to Fred Sanford saying, "I think this is the big one Elizabeth!"
No problem, jus loosen the ratchet strap as the tree falls. Jus afore hittin ground jump away from the trunk n limbs :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:
amythntr wrote:

No problem, jus loosen the ratchet strap as the tree falls. Jus afore hittin ground jump away from the trunk n limbs :)
.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings