New Jersey turkey permit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

Re: New Jersey turkey permit

Post by seabee401 »

GGC wrote:With all the bears in and around Sussex County you would be better off with a spring bear tag, maybe some day for NJ.
I agree GGC. I live in Sussex Co. and the population is just to high for the area. I've been hunting for 35 years and have never hunted bear but have had my fair share of close encounters in Ny, Pa, and here in Nj. The bears around here seem to be brazen because they are used to people. They roam the lake communities around here and have adapted and lost fear of humans.
Now if only the Division of Fish and Wildlife would would incorporate a hunt in Spring like you said, or even early fall there would a lot more bear killed. Then they would achieve the alleged goal that they set and bring the population down to a manageable level instead of pacifying the hunters with a 6day deer/firearm hunt in Dec. so friction with the activists stay at a minimum. :wink:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

seabee401 wrote:
GGC wrote:With all the bears in and around Sussex County you would be better off with a spring bear tag, maybe some day for NJ.
I agree GGC. I live in Sussex Co. and the population is just to high for the area. I've been hunting for 35 years and have never hunted bear but have had my fair share of close encounters in Ny, Pa, and here in Nj. The bears around here seem to be brazen because they are used to people. They roam the lake communities around here and have adapted and lost fear of humans.
Now if only the Division of Fish and Wildlife would would incorporate a hunt in Spring like you said, or even early fall there would a lot more bear killed. Then they would achieve the alleged goal that they set and bring the population down to a manageable level instead of pacifying the hunters with a 6day deer/firearm hunt in Dec. so friction with the activists stay at a minimum. :wink:
Tom
....keep preachin Tom...the NJ congregation is filing in to listen to you...I have heard a few Amens and the chorus is about to sing....the problem is just as you have said.....

Anthony :)

Where is you in Sussex...we hunt Flatbrook, Flanders and surrounding areas....
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah I know it falls on deaf ears Anthony. I guess I'm just venting to fellow hunters . Especially Jersians like us.
I do like the way you find the lighter side and humor in posts on here. I enjoy them. This is a great forum because of folks like you.
Sorry for drifting off the original topic.
By the way, I live in Vernon, Anthony.
Tom :wink:
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

Congrats guys! I got my first two choices for my lotteries. I'll be out in Area 15 period A and Area 22 period B. Then again in 22 during D weeks with a buddy as it'll be his first time and I'll be calling them in for him. Good luck to everyone.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....again not meaning to hijack this post, but StormDragon turned me on to a 3D shoot throughout the spring and summer down at Bangers (or is it Bangors?) down the shore toward AC....They allow crossbows; only Excaliburs though (just kidding :lol: :lol: )...check it out...my peeps are planning to go down there for the April shoot...we should be 5-6...if any others from NJ/PA/NY that are members of this forum would be interested....maybe we can put a group together and either meet up here and drive down or meet down there....

....who knows, maybe we could have the start of Boofest East....entitled, "Boofest-you gotta problem with it!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
MJK

Post by MJK »

I gave up hunting NJ turkeys years ago, they are to easy. F&G just posted new info on Bear hunting check out the link, looks like an early season bow hunt in October is gonna happen in 2016. No spring hunt though.
http://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2015/15_0018.htm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

MJK wrote:I gave up hunting NJ turkeys years ago, they are to easy. F&G just posted new info on Bear hunting check out the link, looks like an early season bow hunt in October is gonna happen in 2016. No spring hunt though.
http://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2015/15_0018.htm

...we are trying to put a forum group together to go to the Bangers 3D shoot in South Jersey in April...any interest? :D

See separate post in forum!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

A bear hunt sounds fun. Only problem is that I dont have any bears down my way.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

See Anthony it worked! They heard me complain and now a fall bear hunti s in the works! Lol!
Tom
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

seabee401 wrote:See Anthony it worked! They heard me complain and now a fall bear hunti s in the works! Lol!
Tom

....as a very famous Rabbi friend once said, "Yahuddaman!" :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
GGC

Post by GGC »

Anthony
You forgot...."It won't be long now!!!!"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...picked me up my two permits last night...they were clueless at Dicks telling me I couldn't pick them up until the 23rd...which happens to be the last day to pick them up before they go OTC...a little perseverance worked it all out....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:...picked me up my two permits last night...they were clueless at Dicks telling me I couldn't pick them up until the 23rd...which happens to be the last day to pick them up before they go OTC...a little perseverance worked it all out....

Congrats on getting them and that's odd that they didn't know the process. The one by me is good to go for that kind of stuff, which reminds me... I still have to go pick my permit up yet
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus