Global Warming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Global Warming

Post by amythntr »

Not me brother. I'd have told the old lady to stay where she was for another day or two! :oops:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hey Guys!! It sure is ruff outside today.. The sun is shining its 8.30 a,m, and already 72 degrees, think i'll go down to the beach and let my Pitbull Spooky run around a bit, its supposed to get down in the low 60s tonight....Damn this Florida weather... SMILE...Friends I'm only foolin.. I feel for ya.. Hope it does get better, since Tex=fest time is a coming soon....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

My older sis lives in Vero Beach. I can only dream........

Plus, I love saltwater fishing and ised to be a pretty darn good surfer before moving to this &@%#¥£ in my senior year, many moons ago.

C'est la vie........ :oops:
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Yep another 6 inches this morning and still snowing. I worked in this stuff for 38 years and retired last March. Now I wake up look out the window and can go back to bed if I don't like what I see. I love this type of weather for hunting. I can now choose to go out or stay in the house and drink beer and tie flies. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mornin, hot diggy its beautiful outside as the Sun is shining. Its now climbed up into the low teens nice 7" plus of fresh snow on top of all the firewood i jus cut. Went out started the Gen. in the dark, started a fire & i have 2 arm loads of dry wood left :( :shock: Such is life, i will jus turn on the burner on propane range. I am drinkin my 2nd cup wid Capt. Morgan n coffee. I ain't goin no where fer several days, while waitin on snow to melt, then the couple inches of ice under it. Were good on Gen. gas til at least Tues. n propane also. If'en it weren't so cold i would go cut anudder standin dead tree wid no snow on it. Fixin to get my crockpot on to cook up an put a nice pork roast on to slow cook, :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

vixenmaster wrote: I am drinkin my 2nd cup wid Capt. Morgan n coffee. :)
Mr. Mike yer live'n in Moonshine country! . . .surely them boy's would give up a quart! :lol: A good pork roast does sound good w/ mashed taters-n-gravy, seasoned green beans, biscuits or cornbread! . . .I'll shut up now I'm making myself hungry! :wink:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Yeah baby, COMFORT food!!! :) I've been making an effort to eat more healthy since turning 60, but sometimes we just have to go for the fried pork chops or chicken, mashed taters and gravy, home grown purple hull or zipper cream peas and home grown corn! Every now and then Leah will whip up some of her super buscuits too, but it ain't like we don't have enough to eat!!! :shock:
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Lake shooter wrote:Yeah baby, COMFORT food!!! :) I've been making an effort to eat more healthy since turning 60:shock:
same here . . . trying to lose 30#'s . . . ate one of them dirt, twig-n- seed bars for breakfast! :cry:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

♫ It's 40 below (some unsuitable lyrics removed) gotta heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo...♫

I remember that tune from the 80's. Heard it first on the radio in AB. I was living in warmer climes in Southern ON........and on TDY right here where I live now in AB...........it was colder back then...........at least it felt colder to a softie from South ON. Latitude of Toronto is approx 43 degrees N while Edmonton AB is 53 degrees N or roughly 700 MILES south/north separation. Bring on some more global warming. I'm not a denier...........but I want more of it............quickly. It would be nice to be able grow tomatoes in central AB...........and have them ripen before frost hits in the first week of Sep lol.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
john g

Post by john g »

Sew, the first thing I thought of when I saw your pics, what a great shooting platform you have. I do hate it for you folks that don't like winter weather. Ya'll been getting' hammered this season. Even north MS getting' it again. Gonna be down to 29 here in S. MS tonight. And windy, I don't like the wind.
Garry
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....come on....it's winter, embrace it, love it, frolic in it, become one with it....

....pretty soon all of you will be B & M'ing about the 95 degrees and 100% huma-didity...and that you haven't left the house in 2 weeks and have just sat in your AC house all day and wishing you could even venture outside for an hour to shoot your bow....

....and those mosquitos...they will be practicing dive bombing raids on parts of your neck and arms and you will be screaming when is this God forsaken weather going to stop...It MUST be global warming...

....ah the winter....I absolutely love it!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I can't complain, it's been a mild winter in my part of Ar. I was only snowed in for one day, the current 2" I got will be gone tomorrow....... :mrgreen:

A quart of 'shine would be a lifetime supply for Mikey, lol, and they don't "give it away". It cost $10 in 02 when I moved here, latest price was $25 a quart.......

No, I don't buy it.... :mrgreen:

Edited to add: According to my weather guy, it's gonna be good all w/e in Azle, around high 60's to low 70's and no rain!!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

A/C whats that ? We gotstid a nice lil 3 speed Fan fer our Summer coolin needs. Be poppin 95-105 here & not my favorite Season. Fall is my Season, n always has been & i have ofton wondered why, :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:A/C whats that ? We gotstid a nice lil 3 speed Fan fer our Summer coolin needs. Be poppin 95-105 here & not my favorite Season. Fall is my Season, n always has been & i have ofton wondered why, :)

....and I would have thought you would have solar powered AC with satellite TV and infrared and heat tracking of deer that notifies you when deer are headed your way so you can walk out to your stand five minutes before they appear and BAM Kong does it's job! .....How silly of me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

amythntr wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:A/C whats that ? We gotstid a nice lil 3 speed Fan fer our Summer coolin needs. Be poppin 95-105 here & not my favorite Season. Fall is my Season, n always has been & i have ofton wondered why, :)

....and I would have thought you would have solar powered AC with satellite TV and infrared and heat tracking of deer that notifies you when deer are headed your way so you can walk out to your stand five minutes before they appear and BAM Kong does it's job! .....How silly of me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Ha fooled you, no TV lives here. I can't afford enuff batteries nor panels to run even a small A/C. I do have 2 crows n a Jaybird that let me knowed when deer come on my place, :lol: Yes sir they be the best snitches there ever was!
Half Bubble Off BD360