Agingcrossbower Stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Agingcrossbower Stock

Post by SEW »

I received my absolutely beautiful stock about 2 weeks ago. However, I'm waiting on a tap and die set to put the holes in the riser. Weather has delayed the shipping. I've wanted to totally assemble it before taking pictures and posting. I can tell you two things for sure: the stock costs quite a bit of money BUT it's cheap for what a person gets - quality and beauty well beyond the price. He doesn't get paid much per hour, and he is a professional! If you're on the fence on whether to get one or not, get off of it and get one ordered!! I'll really like it on my Matrix 380; but if I had a Mini, it'd be a must. It would make the almost perfect little xbow, PERFECT! Just do it.... :D

I went ahead and added it.
Last edited by SEW on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Re: Agingcrossbower Stock

Post by one shot scott »

I could not agree more
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

For what goes into them,it would still be cheap at double the price.
Over here I couldn't by the wood for one of those stocks for the price Aging charges.
Turns a crossbow into a whole different animal....
One of the best investments I ever made.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

His work is priceless from what i have seen.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

He does such great work, and one hella nice guy to. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
strum

Post by strum »

maine hunter wrote:He does such great work, and one hella nice guy to. :D
X2 on both .. Mike is a master and to own one of his pieces of art puts you in the elite
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

STOP! DON'T STOP, :lol: :lol: :lol: Your giving me a big head here people. :oops: I am just an old carpenter with a shop full of toys and time on my hands to use them. I REALLY appreciate each and every one of your comments AND I also THANK you for keeping my hands busy doing what I love to do. I get back much more than I could EVER give. It really means the world to me. This forum has change my outlook on life. REALLY! NO thank you! :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think Mike makes a wonderful wood stock/s fer Excals. There is alot of work involved, his finished products are eye candy fer sure
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

SEW, you have yourself an heirloom there. Beautiful work, Aging. One of these days, one of these days...
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
SEW

Post by SEW »

ImageImage
Razor cut

Post by Razor cut »

Very very nice, great craftsmanship!
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congratulations Sew....once again Mike, beyond impressive! Absolutely beautiful. Sew, did you get a higher cheek piece to accommodate your Optimizer? If so, how high?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

One of the statements I have read a few times about these stocks is "I'd be afraid to take that into the woods in case it gets marked"
Well guys ,that's what they're made for...
Mines out in the woods with me most weekends rain or shine shooting 3ds,sure its picked up a few mark here and there,but a little rub with some fine steel wool and rub with some oil and it's good to go.
It's picked up the patina of a well used bit of wood now and it belongs to me as much as I belong to it.
Wherever I go to shoot it always draws compliments and enquiries as to where I got it and when I tell the tale of how Mike decided he was going to deliver it to me ,that gets looks of awe.
I'd say I've had my money's worth out of that stock with the bragging rights and compliments besides how it makes my crossbow something very special.
A real investment if ever ther was :D
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

snuffbox wrote:One of the statements I have read a few times about these stocks is "I'd be afraid to take that into the woods in case it gets marked"
Well guys ,that's what they're made for...
Mines out in the woods with me most weekends rain or shine shooting 3ds,sure its picked up a few mark here and there,but a little rub with some fine steel wool and rub with some oil and it's good to go.
It's picked up the patina of a well used bit of wood now and it belongs to me as much as I belong to it.
Wherever I go to shoot it always draws compliments and enquiries as to where I got it and when I tell the tale of how Mike decided he was going to deliver it to me ,that gets looks of awe.
I'd say I've had my money's worth out of that stock with the bragging rights and compliments besides how it makes my crossbow something very special.
A real investment if ever ther was :D
Snuff, you and Sheila got the short stick on that deal. Jen and I got friends for life. That can not be made in any shop that I know of. OH, and any attending Boofest will be able to meet Paul and Sheila and get ready for a Londoner's view of the world. They are both a hoot! Good times are coming. :D
randyxx75

Post by randyxx75 »

I've always felt like Mike's stocks are to nice to hunt with! gorgeous work and beautiful stock, congrats Steve!
Micro nightmare
Solution LS 390
Matrix 380